Highest mileage week EVER! (Read 1229 times)

Congrats Zooms. That's mighty impressive. You're going to kick some HM butt! Make sure you wear your speedy shoes. Wink Sara
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats Zooms. That's mighty impressive. You're going to kick some HM butt! Make sure you wear your speedy shoes. Wink Sara
      I've been tempted to wear them, but I've never run more than about 5 miles at a stretch in them, so I'm kinda chicken to test them out. I'll probably wear my "almost speedy" shoes, instead. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'll probably wear my "almost speedy" shoes, instead.
        I love that you have so many options! I have a lot to learn from you.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, right now I pretty much just have 2 models of shoes that I rotate. Though when Winter comes I will be investing in a pair of these babies: Ugly, but those spikes should be pretty sweet on our icy roads come about Jan. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I don't think they're ugly! They're cool looking. Smile

Michelle

PWL

Has been

The New Balance are cool, but I am going with the Asics Gel Arctic WRhttp://www.sportmueller-pocking.at/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=20! I am a bit of a heel striker and the NB has no spikes on the heel. I think I would plant and slide. Broken a** bone for me!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, those are neat--I didn't know Asics made a Winter trainer like that, too--do they come in wides? Of course, Asics wides seem to still be too narrow for me. Not having spikes in the heels is all the more reason to start working on a midfoot plant now. Wink Seriously, though, I had a good Winter of running and I think it's because I subconsciously started midfoot planting for better balance. No falls and I was still running at least 15-20 miles/week most weeks (and in just the AW version of the NB 767--no spikes). Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

There's a first--aren't you injured? I hope you can soon be giving me a run for my money! Smile k
                  YOu are really hot! I bet you're feeling great! I love to see that mileage soar Big grin But yeah, I coming off of a few injuries. Dead But really, no excuses...just trying to get back in the game, slow and steady. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But really, no excuses...just trying to get back in the game, slow and steady. Big grin
                    That's a wise game-plan. I've learned a lot by hanging around so many fellow female runners who have been plagued by injury. Definitely a much better idea to take things as slow as your psyche will let you. I hope I'm never benched long-term, but if it happens I will have to eat my words. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Ugly, but those spikes should be pretty sweet on our icy roads come about Jan. k
                      Those shoes aren't really necessary; just take an old pair of trainers, some quarter inch screws, and screw them into the soles of the shoe (the sharp point of the screw pointing towards your food, with the head of the screw coming out the bottom of the sole towards the ground) - it's the cheapest and most effective way to be able to run on ice. Alternatively, you could get some stabilicers, which are crampons for running shoes that are basically the same thing except that they have threaded holes for screws with flat bottoms instead of points (much like a track spike). update: stabilicers review

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had considered those options last Winter, but I found that my favorite shoes (NB 767) have cushioning that gets REALLY hard when it's cold. I thought it was just me, but others with the same shoes notice the same thing. Those Winter trainers have some different cushioning material that is designed to stay soft in below freezing conditions, so it's worth a try. k

~ Sarah Kay