"Under the Dome" Reviews (Read 227 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Episode 2 is tonight.  Gonna watch again?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Doesn't look like anyone is watching this, so I won't be a spoiler.  Had to DVR episode 2.  I'll have to squeeze it in between the Cubs and Sox "games".

I started watching the second episode, but ended up getting more involved in some other new show called "Siberia" on NBC that I had started watching during the "Under the Dome" commercials. "Siberia" is some weird show pretending to be a reality show. I didn't realize it first and kept saying to myself, "This can't be real!" and I had a fun time watching it. I was laughing a lot at how ridiculous some of the events and people's actions were, but it isn't intended to be a comedy. Regardless of it's intent to be scary? shocking? dramatic? and failing, I found it more entertaining than "Under the Dome".

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Chantilly75

I read the book.  It was kinda boring and didn't go anywhere after the middle of the book.

The TV show looks to be more entertaining.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

I started watching the second episode, but ended up getting more involved in some other new show called "Siberia" on NBC that I had started watching during the "Under the Dome" commercials. "Siberia" is some weird show pretending to be a reality show. I didn't realize it first and kept saying to myself, "This can't be real!" and I had a fun time watching it. I was laughing a lot at how ridiculous some of the events and people's actions were, but it isn't intended to be a comedy. Regardless of it's intent to be scary? shocking? dramatic? and failing, I found it more entertaining than "Under the Dome".

I started watching Siberia too. My wife and I discussed the fact that it HAS to be fake. How many production companies can have a cameraman die during filming, and continue giving the contestants a choice to continue. I would think that most insurance companies would have shut them down instantly. Apparantly OSHA and trade unions have no power in Russia. Regardless, the previews for future episodes look really good.

Gator eye

I wasted my time reading the book, why would I waste more time watching a movie about a bad book?

BeeRunB

I've read 3/4th's of the book, and slogging through to the end (lost interest). Not King's best (I did enjoy his recent time-travel book 11.22.63). The dome idea is a great premise, but too many characters. In the front of the book, he tries to help you keep track with a categorized list and maps—I had to refer to it more than a few times. I watched episode one and it felt a bit rushed, different from the book, and B-movie-ish. Normally, if King writes the screenplay, it's a B-movie. Most of the ones where he didn't, the movies were great (The Shining, The Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, Carrie, The Dead Zone); he didn't write this series, but it seems as if he did. Not going to commit to it. Didn't grab me.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

After 2 episodes, I think I'll pass on future episodes,  as well as the book.  I'll be generous and give it half a star. Disapprove

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I just want a loop of the cow that get disected when the dome falls. Watching it slump to the ground was the best part of the first 2 hours.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                    Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

what about the guy that stuck his finger in the half cow?  I am going vegan!

Menace to Sobriety

Seemed like a rip-off of "The Simpson's Movie", decided to pass.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

watched 2nd episode with wife.  she liked it but admitted that the acting was very poor.   she's a huge s.f. & stephen king fan.  me, I'll watch it with the wife & fake like I'm interested.  much rather watch falling skies.  (which probably wont get good reviews either)

Hoban-Jay

watched 2nd episode with wife.  she liked it but admitted that the acting was very poor.   she's a huge s.f. & stephen king fan.  me, I'll watch it with the wife & fake like I'm interested.  much rather watch falling skies.  (which probably wont get good reviews either)

Your wife read the book, and is willing to watch the show?  ...and enjoys it!?

yes to both

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Just finished watching Bag of Bones on the treadmill this morning, which apparently came out last year completely unbeknownst to me.

The "B-movie" thing is spot-on, and is why I've decided from this point on, unless I hear a lot of positive comments, I'm going to avoid Stephen King adaptations unless the name "Durabont" appears somewhere in the credits.

I just hope he's more careful when/if the Dark Tower book adaptations finally get made.  Because those could be really, really good or spectacularly bad.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people