Left Ankle hurts - what is it? (Read 14739 times)

Um... I'm not a doctor, but in my opinion, you need a 2nd opinion. Tendonitis can be diagnosed with an MRI - not an xray. Also some problems require taking all of the weight off the foot - "the boot". I know peroneal tendonitis from experience and can tell you that it is hard to get rid of if you are using your feet. Do you wear running shoes all the time? Orthos? - very important to address this topic too.
    Agree. I was in " the boot" for 2 weeks. Mine was finally confirmed as peroneal tendonitis by secondary tests with a follow up appointment. Then the Pred Pack that snuffed the pain out. I also agree that it is tough to get rid of when you use your feet everyday. ~RCR

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

SMART Approach

Need MRI for soft tissue damage diagnosis. Tendonitis is likely but generally comes on a bit slower than suddenly feeling it one week. Maybe injury. Concern is no improvement over 2 weeks. Stress fx are often not detected on x-rays. Any point you can push on and feel piercing pain? If not, it is likely soft tissue damage. Arthritis? How old are you? X-rays can show arthritis though.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I echo the statements above. Xray is practically worthless for soft tissue injuries. I'd see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the foot if possible or a podiatrist with interest in sports medicine issues. I am a doc, but not that kind.....
        zephyr_00

It turned out to be a STRESS FRACTURE! My doctor picked it up in the mRI. I am so bummed as it seems like it might take a while!