Does use of this site actually help you run more? (Read 853 times)

npaden

Exactly. The use of this site has actually helped you to see that you had not been running enough, and since using this site you are running more.

Sheesh!

Which is basically what I said in my original post, except I provided some specific details of what part of the site specifically helped me the most.  People who make positive contributions on the forums.  Sheesh! Confused

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

My bad. Your OP reads as if you are answering "NO"  to the thread's question.

Then it appeared that you had contradicted yourself. Again, my bad.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Dopplebocks Miles = WOW!  6,000 in a year?  Much respect!

And it was mentioned that the influence of others here (often indirect) makes a person do more miles.... I agree.  When you are hanging in a crowd at the local bar at home, you are outdoing them massively with even a 100 mile month.  So then when you come here and see folks who are putting up 200, 300+ mile months and higher, it makes you want to follow in their tracks and push that mileage higher  :-)

Npaden and Sharz and zoom zoom, great stories (and yes, Zoom Zooms bar graph made me laugh with one giant black bar!)  Glad to see you are healing Zoom Zoom and back on track again.  I had a blasted hernia surgery in June '12 and it sucks to be unable to do what you love to do (even if I did break the Doctors orders and start running 11 days after the surgery date, when it was supposed to be 30 days of no running) So glad to see you back at it Zoom :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Feeling the growl again

Yes.  It is a combination of the site and being motivated by some of the people/interactions here.  I ended up here about the time I almost fell off the running wagon.

I am resisting the urge to use the new personal goal/bunny widget options which I have begun to notice popping up...I would like my kids to remember me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

...I would like my kids to remember me.

.. I know not much about you, but with that statement, I predict that your kids are not in the teenage years?

(I have 14, 14 and 15 yr old boys, and the only thing that even keeps me sane at this stage is running!)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞