Sports Bra Chaffing (Read 2923 times)

My wife swears by Lanacane anti-chafing gel. It rubs in completely and doesn't make a mess.

I like Lanacane too.  I just find it isn't much help when the skin is already messed up, but as a preventative it's great.  Non-greasy, rubs in and seems to work better for me than body glide.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I know that this thread is old but I want to add something.  I may be the last to know but Old Navy has sport apparel and their sports bras or tanks with built in sports bra are sometimes less than $13.  I tried out my second sports bra from them tonight and was happy.  Their things may not work for greater than C cup but wanted to mention.

keeponrunning

I know that this thread is old but I want to add something.  I may be the last to know but Old Navy has sport apparel and their sports bras or tanks with built in sports bra are sometimes less than $13.  I tried out my second sports bra from them tonight and was happy.  Their things may not work for greater than C cup but wanted to mention.

I was very excited when you mentioned the $13...then disappointed in the last sentence.   Cry

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Sorry to disappoint.  Those of us not blessed with more cannot, alas, report on more than our "qualifications."   Of course, Old Navy may work for others more blessed than me but I 'm can't provide a first-hand report. 

fast momma!

I have a couple of the issues in this thread. I am a large C cup and I find the best results by wearing two sports bras. This way you don't have to buy the MOST expensive ones, and it holds me in place really well. I also have the chaffing line issue on my longer runs.  I just put a little deodorant on under my bottom bra. This seems to work really well, and I don't have to buy a seperate product.  I am a cheap skate, can ya tell?

2011 goals: sub 60min 10K

√ run 1st HM (May 29)

Julia1971

I read that a lot of women do the two bra thing and avoid buying more expensive bras, but I think this is one of those instances where it's better to spend more money and buy a quality product that fits and is comfortable.  (Easy for me to say what other people should do with their money, I know).  The only bra I run in these days is one made by Under Armour.  I don't think I've had any real chafing problems with them.  Although, I do appy Body Glide as a preventative before long summer runs.  And, they're racer back, so I can wear them with everything.  They're spendy, but I have yet to throw one away for being stinky or losing its elasticity.  So, despite the fact that they're $40+, I'm not buying new bras as often so I figure I'm saving money in the long run.

Can't believe that this hasn't been said yet, so i'll say it. This thread is useless without pictures 

xhristopher

This thread could really use some pictures...I'm just sayin'.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can't believe that this hasn't been said yet, so i'll say it. This thread is useless without pictures 

Actually, it was said...on the previous page. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Actually, it was said...on the previous page. Roll eyes

Guys are so predictable!  Wink

ECRunner1

You should also check your sports bra band around your torso. If it is too tight it can cause chaffing. Also, if you wear your sports bra for extended periods of time, (after your run is finished) chaffing can occur. 

#artbydmcbride

Chafe has only one 'F'.  The word is chafing, not chaffing!!!  Chaff is some part of wheat that is winnowed away.

...sorry, back to your regular program

Runners run

xor

chaff is also a countermeasure used to trick missiles (not MissLes) and such.

missiles. hehehehe

Sports Bra Chaffing is something that many a college age boy has tried at a party to trick the unsuspecting college age girl.

Imminent Catastrophe

I just clicked on this thread to see what srlopez had to say on the subject of sports bra chafing.

BTW the chaff he mentioned causes all sorts of problems if it comes down on power transformers. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

In fairness, I did not pop into this thread for 3 pages while it took its normal sincere, helpful course... and didn't go with the "needs pictures" jazz.  But I was ready to go when chafe morphed into chaff.   Thanks leney!