Watch the Boston Marathon on TV (Read 728 times)

muse_runner

keep running.

My best friend finished in 3:37 Smile goooooo girl! Smile My other friend Bill (he's 55) finished in 3:44 YAY!!!! both of them re-qualified themselves on a TOUGH course. how AWESOME are they? I just want to qualify once, and on an easy course too! Is that too much to ask? Tongue
    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
      Nice work RA Boston runners! Tough day but a memorable one, I'm sure. When the men's winner goes 2:14 and the women's race is won in nearly 2:30, you know how tough the conditions were. It was a tad warmer today than forecast or it could have been a real nightmare. Way to tough it out, all.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh...the men's winner is STILL faster in a full marathon than I am in the half... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It looks like the elite women had it the toughest, starting at 9:30. The winds and rain got less and less as time went on. My friend ran 3:37 from the back of the 2nd wave (~10:40 a.m. start) and her PR is 3:36 from Marine Corps.

Runners run

WOW! I am TOTALLY impressed with the finish times of our RA reps! AWESOME! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
            muse_runner

keep running.

My friend ran 3:37 from the back of the 2nd wave (~10:40 a.m. start) and her PR is 3:36 from Marine Corps.
              Mikey-- my friend's situation is identical: identical PR same course, identical Boston time. I'm sure it's not the same girl, but it goes to show you that the world is FILLED with people. Crazy stuff like that happens I guess!
              running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                Mikey-- my friend's situation is identical: identical PR same course, identical Boston time. I'm sure it's not the same girl, but it goes to show you that the world is FILLED with people. Crazy stuff like that happens I guess!
                Weird. Is your friend named Courtney?

Runners run

muse_runner

keep running.

Nope, her name is Lesley! Smile But just goes to show ya... how crazy big the world is that the odds of something weird like that are highly possible Smile
                    But just goes to show ya... how crazy big the world is
                    Mr. Disney would say that the world is not so big.... it's a world of laughter, a world or tears its a world of hopes, its a world of fear theres so much that we share that its time we're aware its a small world after all its a small world after all its a small world after all its a small world after all its a small, small world. Yes, now you all can hate me for putting that song in your heads for the rest of the day! Evil grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

TJRunner - 3:24:58 Smile DaddyLongLegs - 4:21:13 Smile Franc Karpo - 3:17:22 Smile
                        I was in Boston for this event. My mom ran a 3:51 and my sister ran a 4:12. The weather kind of ruined my trip but it was still fun. It was cool seeing the leaders finish.

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/