What do you wear under your shorts? (Read 9326 times)

jules2

Victoria's Husband's Secret Originally posted Tuesday November 17, 1998 12:00 AM EST Victoria Beckham -- better known as Posh Spice of the Spice Girls -- has disclosed that her husband, British soccer star David Beckham, likes to slip into her undies. To wear them, that is. "He likes to borrow my knickers," she said on British TV's "Big Breakfast" program. She then quickly insisted that she was joking. Interviewer Johnny Vaughan pressed her further, though. "I know you're not joking," he said. "Is it thongs or big pants?" "Thongs," she whispered. Beckham is currently in Rio de Janeiro where his team, Manchester United, is due to play in soccer's inaugural World Club Championships. No word on what he is wearing under his uniform. Are you saying Englands finest is a girly boy? you might well have a point. The only reason I don't wear my wifes knickers is because they are too large and I can't see where I'm running.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

C-R

Heh. Great lunchtime read. I just had a Bull Durham flashback. "the rose goes in the front" MTA - liners seem to work for me on runs less than 15 miles and compression shorts are added beyond that. This debate has not come up in our Saturday group runs but I think I will introduce it this weekend and let the chips fall where they may. Jules - you better hope your missus doedn't read that post or you'll be likely doing some unanticipated speed work. Wink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Are you saying Englands finest is a girly boy? you might well have a point.
        He is LA's finest girly boy now, thank you much.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

He is LA's finest girly boy now, thank you much.
          Spoken with such pride. How admirable. Demented and sad, but admirable.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Demented and sad, but admirable.
            Plagiarist.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Soccer is lame.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Supa Dupa Fly

I I don't think a manly man would ever even consider doing it, I'm sorry, but only a f*g would consider it and do it. Jay
                woah! offensive. Perhaps if you're such a manly man you should just suck it up?
                ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
                C-R

SoccerNewcastle United is lame.
                  Fixed that for you Lank.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Fixed that for you Lank.
                    Bollocks

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

C-R

Bollocks
                      Big grin Football (its not soccer!) hijack completed

Wow, seems like a dicey subject matter going on here. I’m playing catch up on it, so here goes. Purdey way to go dude! Awful brave of you to admit it. If you enjoy them, then why not. Lank, interesting little song, something you made up or is a real song from some place? Rockenmamof5, Wow, I didn’t realize that was you this morning and that my bra was showing. Just kidding of course, or am I? Actually, it’s been suggested to me several times by smart asses that I should get a bra. I’m almost 55 and yes, I have some man boobs. They were a lot worse last year before I lost 20 lbs. I’m a skinny guy by nature so any excess weight I have/had all settled in my chest and waist. So what did you really think of the guy in the bra? Were you glad you didn’t have to see his man boobs? Jules2, Wow, Soccer star Beckham wears thongs! Hey one never knows what someone is wearing underneath. Hum, think he’s wearing them under his soccer uniform! Wonder how well they keep the boys in place. I don’t think I’d call him a girly boy to his face. I wouldn’t be as worried about him hitting me, but I’d hate to be kicked by him. Yeah, I got the same issue as you; my wife’s undies would be “WAY” too big for me as well. Carmel runner2, I forgot all about that scene in Bull Durham, that was funny as hell. Amazing what us guys will do sometimes for a woman……. Either I missed something or I’m an idiot, but I don’t know what MTA liners are. Can you enlighten me? I guess I must be a girly boy as well, because I have a pair of women’s shorts that I run in. I have to admit, that I love the material so much better than my normal running shorts. And want to know something; a woman bought them for me! Even more so, I must have a problem because a number of years ago I dressed up as a cheerleader for a Halloween party. My wife dressed as a football player and I was the cheerleader. I’m going to tell you something, I had the women hitting on me all night and all of them wanted to check out the spankies I was wearing underneath the skirt. My wife was so god dam jealous, that it wasn’t funny. I even volunteered to do it again (it was her idea the first time) and she would have no part of it. So you may think it’s not very manly, but from the reaction of people here having fun with it and my own personal experience it doesn’t make one a fag and for some strange reason, woman seem to enjoy it. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

C-R

Carmel runner2, I forgot all about that scene in Bull Durham, that was funny as hell. Amazing what us guys will do sometimes for a woman……. Either I missed something or I’m an idiot, but I don’t know what MTA liners are. Can you enlighten me?
                          Bull Durham is a classic in so many ways but this thread immediately reminded me of that scene. Very funny. MTA = modified to add (at least in my acronym lexicon). I just wear plain old running shorts and add compression shorts for long distances. The chub rub is not worth it and yes I know I should just HTFU but its no fun walking around like some cowboy searching for a rodeo the next several days after a long run or a marathon. That and my John Wayne impressions are simply awful. Clowning around

This started out as a very serious thread and some of you have provided some real alternatives and suggestions and I thank you for them. I've checked out the Moreno brand and the jockey and to tell you the truth, Kiki2 is right, they look more like panties than anything else so despite all of you that "THINK" it's perfectly acceptable for men to wear women's undies, this man wouldn't be caught dead in panties or anything resembling them. So I'm going to stick with my tighty whities and my compression shorts and just suck up to the fact that I'm going to sweat like crazy down there. It's the 1st of Aug, so we're almost through the worst of the summer. Others of you seemed to find some great delight in jumping in on this to have fun. Hey, it's a free world, this is a free site so have your fun, but you aren't going to change the opinions of this guy. Purdy and LPH53, if the title fits you, then wear it and wear anything you want and be girly boys like the soccer star (I'm not sure I even believe that story), but you might want to watch out what neighborhoods you run in as not everybody is as tolerant as the folks here and there are some dudes a lot worse than me out there. Jay
                            JakeKnight

Purdy and LPH53, if the title fits you, then wear it and wear anything you want and be girly boys like the soccer star (I'm not sure I even believe that story), but you might want to watch out what neighborhoods you run in as not everybody is as tolerant as the folks here and there are some dudes a lot worse than me out there. Jay
                              So ... in the intolerant neighborhoods where the tough guys like you hang out ... do y'all make a habit of checking other people's underwear when they go by? This would explain a lot about you.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

This would explain a lot about you.
                                You just couldn't let this one go could you, gorilla?

Tick tock