Mismatched PR's (Read 257 times)

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I went from being a decade long alcohol fuelled couch potato last fall, to trying to run a couple of miles without cardiac arrest last winter, to actually running consistently this summer. I ran my first 10 mile race ever this morning and finished at 1:15:04 (7:30/mi), which is nothing to write home about, but I found it amusing that my 5k PR is 27:01 (8:42/mi) from a little less than three months ago (and yes, I was trying). Needless to say, that 5k PR is gonna' get crushed next time I run one. I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon this fall and that has been motivating me to get out on the road, even on those mornings that my body says no. Sorry to bore everyone with my story, but it is nice to see results starting to show from the work.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/9862c5db9c92423c88c212a5a686f6e5/prs

kcam

Excellent 10miler.  I envy you ... you've got a whole bunch of racing to do to fill out your race 'resume'.  Go get 'em!

Snowdenrun

This is really cool. I'm a fairly new runner too and its amazing seeing progress over such a short amount of time. The first time I ran 5 miles I was ecstatic. It took ever and hour. Today I ran a bit over 8 at an easy pace in a bit over an hour. You've got a good amount of speed in ya. I'm sure it'll feel great when you crush your 5k PR. Good luck on your marathon training!

HermosaBoy

GREAT job!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

FSBD

I'm right there with you too.

Check out my 8 miler PR Pace versus my Marathon PR Pace.

It's a good feeling

Congrats on your improvement.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Feeling the growl again

I went from being a decade long alcohol fuelled couch potato last fall, to trying to run a couple of miles without cardiac arrest last winter, to actually running consistently this summer. I ran my first 10 mile race ever this morning and finished at 1:15:04 (7:30/mi), which is nothing to write home about, but I found it amusing that my 5k PR is 27:01 (8:42/mi) from a little less than three months ago (and yes, I was trying). Needless to say, that 5k PR is gonna' get crushed next time I run one. I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon this fall and that has been motivating me to get out on the road, even on those mornings that my body says no. Sorry to bore everyone with my story, but it is nice to see results starting to show from the work.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/9862c5db9c92423c88c212a5a686f6e5/prs

Actually, yeah, that IS something to write home about.  A 1:15 10-miler so soon is plenty respectable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

snapa55

My first HM was 1:49:27 on 8/12, first M was 3:39:29 on 2/13.  So basically I had the same pace for my HM as I did for my M.

I ended up running a 1:32:27 HM on 5/13. Big grin

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)