how do you enter a PR? (Read 731 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I ran a mile for time a while back this fall. I don't remember exactly when, but I'd like to put it onto my PR page. How do I do that? It wasn't in a race either, just a timed mile.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Currently, you have to enter it as a race. When I do this, I name the course as a Time Trial - so that I can see the difference between that and an actual race.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: Make up a race and call the course time trial Sounds good -- I'll probably even use two courses, Time Trial Track, and Time Trial Off-Track (roads and paths).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What about a PR established as my first time for a distance, recorded as part of a longer run? That is, I'd like to pick my fastest 10K of a run that consists of repeated 5K loops (no break) as my PR for 10K, to have a starting point?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ok, so I ran five 5K loops, straight thru, and some extra. The first four got faster, so #3 and #4 together make up my fastest 10K time. But, even breaking the workout into two parts -- first four 5K loops, then last one plus extra -- is making my head hurt trying to reassemble all the splits and times and figure out the pieces, and I've not even tried yet to compute the start times. I'm breaking it up because the paces were different -- first four loops moved steadily down (from 8:20 to 8:00 I think) and my last loop jumped way up to 10 or something, so I'd like to see those paces separated on the workout summary. But, I don't think I have the energy or brainpower to break it into three workouts (first two 5K loops, then second two 5K loops, then last plus extra) -- plus, that would still not put the second two loops as my 10K PR unless I mark them as a race, which feels kind of silly -- marking the middle part of the run as a race -- and will make it show up as the wrong colors and wrong in the graphs. Maybe with the new revised system there will be some way to handle this, or with the next revision after the new enhanced one. Anyway, it would be nifty if the computer could help with all this adding up times and figuring out when things start, and carrying seconds over to the minutes column and stuff, that's kinda tough for this poor human.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, here's part of what I just wrote out to figure out how to break the workout into two pieces In 2:16:15 - 1:42:11.07 = (2 * 60 + 16) * 60 + 15 - (1 * 60 + 42) * 60 + 11.07 = 8175 - 6131.07 = 2043.93 = 34:03.93 So, maybe I just need to find a online calculator that will do this for me, more reliably than me. Anyone know a nice online calculator where I can ask What is 2:16:15 (2 hours, 16 min, 15 sec) minus 1:42:11.07 (1 hour, 42 min, 11.07 sec) ? That's the kind of thing a computer can calculate a lot more quickly and error-free than I can Smile Plus, I wouldn't mind not doing all that times 60 stuff, really...

mikeymike

34:03.3. Microsoft Excel or any spreadsheet can do this. Just format the cells for time and subtract.

Runners run