Got my "Spirit" ticket (Read 1010 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Apparently he must have had the surgery post '05 Chicago, Bugs, because in the additional footage at the end of the show it said both he and his wife went on to run Boston together.
    It doesn't say that he qualified, just that he's running it. I wonder if he got in with a charity bib or if he qualified in another race.

Another Passion

I thought they had said that both he and his wife had run it together since the filming of Spirit? I could be wrong though.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Top 'O the World!

I thought they did say that he'd qualified for Boston - because they were talking about the "difference" of BQ.... Anyway, went w/DH, who is not (he says "at this time") a runner. we shared a large buttered popcorn & lge diet coke...so did most of those around us - well I wouldn't know what the drink was, but there was lots of popcorn in our part of the theatre! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing! Audience input & all - kinda like a Warren Miller film.... Deena is absolutely awesome - they all were! Got a kick out of that her husband is her massage therapist! & that she eats like about 5,000 calories per day during marathon training - around 3,000/day other wise! DH says he enjoyed the film BUT- we're all still crazy!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          I suspect that the injured Boston aspirant got an entry as a result of his participation in Spirit. One for the wife as well. If he had qualified at another race, that would have been said.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Maniac

I suspect that the injured Boston aspirant got an entry as a result of his participation in Spirit. One for the wife as well. If he had qualified at another race, that would have been said.
            I think you're right, because his listed PR at the end of the film was 3:11....Which I assume refers to the 3:11:21 he talked about earlier in the film...The one that was 22 seconds too long to BQ.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Deena is absolutely awesome - they all were! Got a kick out of that her husband is her massage therapist! & that she eats like about 5,000 calories per day during marathon training - around 3,000/day other wise!
              Man, I wish I could run like her so that I could eat like that! I love when people will say things like "oh, those elites simply cannot overeat." Seriously, I'd love to take on that challenge. I'm a friggin' eating machine, which is why I can run 30+ miles/week and keep going up pants sizes. Tongue Gah.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

/grump on Note to self: post the spoiler endings to all future movies to annoy these dorks. I guess my viewing of this movie tomorrow night won't be exactly suspenseful. Pssst. Darth Vader is Luke's father. Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze. In "Seven," it ends with Gwynneth Paltrow's head in a box. In "No Way Out," Kevin Costner's character is the Russian spy. In "The Game," the whole thing is a birthday surprise from his brother. In "The Crying Game," that's not a woman, it's a man, baby. In the "Sixth Sense," Bruce Willis is dead for the whole damn movie. Dumbledore dies and Harry's next. That planet of the apes is a really familiar place. And it was KRISTIN who shot J.R. Take that.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

It's 12 bucks to see this movie Angry Maybe I'll buy a ticket for a cheaper movie and slip in. Seriously, why was the ticket not included with one of my recent race bibs? Evil grin

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Weird that they charge extra at some theaters...I don't recall paying more than standard ticked prices. Sounds like some theaters are scammin'. I did read one interesting statistic that the RD for the GRM e-mailed out. The Grand Rapids, MI showing was the #2 largest attended in the nation. Not sure who was #1...did anyone ever hear?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay