No littering (Read 2010 times)

Bugs

On vacation and ran part of a trail in the Chippewa National Forest in northern MN. Two bottles of water went in with me, and two went out with me. I wanted to throw them when they were empty VERY BADLY so it would be easier without them but carried them for 12 miles. I was really tempted, but then I thought of how disgusting all that litter is on the roads I run and decided no way am I being part of the problem.

Bugs

GKA

GKA

As a trail runner I thank you for willing to experience some inconvenience in order to preserve the beauty of the forest.
      "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay Bugs! It is appreciated.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

That's awesome.  If only more people would do the same.

The title of the thread reminded me of, "Littering and?  Littering and?"

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Lazy idiot

The snozzberries taste like... snozzberries.

Tick tock

I assure everyone.  When you see me set down a hat and water bottle next to a bush by a trail marker at a crossroads... I'm comming back to get it in about 30 minutes.  It's not littering. 

smoking the reefer.

~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.

I assure everyone.  When you see me set down a hat and water bottle next to a bush by a trail marker at a crossroads... I'm comming back to get it in about 30 minutes.  It's not littering. 

Be careful there.. I laid my running jacket down during a run last fall, intending to pick it up on the way back.  When I returned, no jacket to be found.

Suspects?

Ryan

I'd blame the deer if I saw it wearing my hat and shades.  But I really don't think your jacket would look good on her.  So I suspect it was an animal with 2 feet.

smoking the reefer.

random thought...

for years I assumed Blue Oyster Cult was singing "don't fear the reefer". 

Hey, nice marmot!

Wow, we're really praising people for not littering now?

I'm sorry, but it is expected that you do not litter.  You do not deserve praise for doing what is expected of you.

It is also expected that you do not deficate on the Lincoln Memorial, however I'm not about to hand out attaboys to every tourist who resists the urge to drop trou and pinch off a couple of loaves on old Abe.

I mean really, you were tempted?  I assure you that the weight of two empty water bottles (weighing a combined what?  6oz?) did not impose any kind of real hardship on you, even if you did carry them for 12 miles.  If you doubt that, run another 12 miles sans water bottles and note the differences.

But yeah, out there in the woods, by yourself, you had the opportunity to act like a dick, but instead acted like a responsible person.  Way to go.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

The snozzberries taste like... snozzberries.

What's that meow?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Thanks to this thread I must go home and watch Super Troopers tonight.  LOL  I forgot how much I love that movie.
                            ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
                              I'd blame the deer if I saw it wearing my hat and shades.  But I really don't think your jacket would look good on her.  So I suspect it was an animal with 2 feet.

Ryan

wow.  how did you guess so accurately on my lack of style?  I think my Blue Blocker sunglasses are a little bigger though.  And that should be a Hooters hat.  Otherwise you were spot on.