bike question (Read 1351 times)

Runner

I was reffering to the tcr c3 or really worth the extra money for a c2 to go full ultegra from 105 They are 1900 and 2300 respectively on giant's website....more than yours at 1175 it said but if you can budget out the extra 1125 dollars over a year in financing it would be really worth it I think in the long run... b/c for that you are getting carbon composite all around, ultegra all around, better fiz zik saddle, mavic wheelset, mich. pro race tires, which I guess is why it's twice as much but if you are thinking between one bike at 1175 then you aren't really entry level so you might want carbon pretty soon... so the 1800 dollar c3 might be a good way to go since it looks like pretty much the same componetry as the ocr1 with a carbon upgrade for a little more than 700 I believe. If you like the OCR geometry better I'd definately really consider going for the ocr c3 to get that geometry with carbon with similar componetry as the ocr1... my thinking is that if you go to upgrade whatever you get you'll want something that will not be limiting you... You will have an alum bike with a good build. If say you want to get some zipp wheels one day...on an alum bike it doesn't make as much sense as a carbon bike b/c once you build up your alum bike you'll want to upgrade your frame not so if you have the carbon.... sorry for the long talk, I just remember selling my ocr alum. bike pretty quick because of this and saw how if I had originally went w/ the carbon bike I'd have been out less money in the long run...

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler