Running Jacket reccomendations (Read 816 times)

So I don't know how one loses a running jacket... but I lost my running jacket somehow! Its my original one from the first few months I started running, so it is a sad day for me... Cry On the plus side, I get to buy a new running jacket! Does anyone have a favourite brand. Also, is functionality a big thing, or should it be more about feel and style? My criteria: 1) No "penguin" jackets with the long back covering the butt. 2) I want wind resistance but also a light jacket that fits closely and isn't baggy. 3) I am a man of little to no colour and prefer a nice boring black Smile Any suggestions, brands, or just sharing what brand you wear would be great. Thanks!

The Greatest of All Time

I think all the usual suspect companies make technical running jackets that meet your criteria. I have a Nike jacket I bought in 1997 that's light weight, has a draw string around the waist so you can tighten it up, and it folds into itself leaving a soft, zipped bag with an elastic belt. I think I paid $50 for it. Try your local running specialty store.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      C-R

What he said ^ and go to your local running store for good tech jackets. Mine cost about $40 on sale. However, I also have a less "technical" one I bought at Wal-Mart (Champion brand) which has done very well for me and it only cost $10. They had such incredible colors as gray, dark blue and black. Ok you can all start pelting me and hurling insults but I swear it was in moment of weakness. Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'd reconsider the black and get something bright and obnoxious. You are more likely to be seen by traffic that way.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'd reconsider the black and get something bright and obnoxious. You are more likely to be seen by traffic that way.
              what he said.
                I just got http://www.brooksrunning.com/prod.php?p=MJ751&k=24381 but on a deal. In "real life" (for some reason, it just looks yellow on the site) it is that bright yellow green all the cops and road crew workers are wearing.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

An older woman at my local Y saw me going out to run in a bright yellow jacket. She THANKED me for wearing it, because she said runners don't seem to realize how hard it is for cars to see them.
                    An older woman at my local Y saw me going out to run in a bright yellow jacket. She THANKED me for wearing it, because she said runners don't seem to realize how hard it is for cars to see them.
                    Not that long ago I bought a bright yellow vest and I felt kind of silly when I first put it on (especially when my kids giggled at me). After a few runs wearing the vest, twice in the rain, I realized how just by wearing it I felt a little safer since it would be difficult to not see that bright shade of yellow! Other than that my favorite dry weather running jacket is actually a light fleece one by Nike. It has thumb holes, I love thumb holes. Smile It has a small zipper pocket in the back where I sometimes keep my van key.

Michelle