Stevie Ray's White River 50 Mile "Race" Report (Read 495 times)

xor

(cross posted in the ultra and masters groups) Here is my report for the White River 50 Miler held on 7/26. More than normal, my standard disclaimer is important: this is NOT a report from the front of the pack and it IS very long. Hopefully you will find it entertaining. I was out there for a looooong time, and had lots of time to consider life. As races go, White River is on the list of top 3 hardest I've ever done. I'm sure there are harder 50s out there, but White River was my limit. ...As always, you can find detailed reports for 100ish marathons and ultras over there.

an amazing likeness

That is just...amazing. I am humbled and in awe of your ability to do these events, your attitude and your writing. I have not the words, just...Wow. WOW. Holy Cow.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

You ultra folks amaze me. Here's one you might want to add to your to race list. Miwok 100k

Vim

xor

You ultra folks amaze me. Here's one you might want to add to your to race list. Miwok 100k
          That was a fun report. I know about Miwok and have run sections of that course... it's cool! Alas, 100k is too far for me. 50 miles is just about my max, and frankly, I've only really had fun in 1 of the 3 50s I've done. Now, 50K? Whole other story. Me like mo bettah.