New Garmin Forerunner 50: No GPS (uses a foot pod), but has automatic wireless sync (Read 847 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Found this today on Gizmodo: $199 for the watch/foot pod (accelerometer)/heart rate monitor. Wireless sync is kinda cool, but not that big of a deal to me. Amazon has the GPS-enabled 305 for only $19 more -- that's still the way to go IMHO. The release of a new model does have me thinking that they are refreshing their line. Trent, if you can hold off for a few months, you may want to wait before purchasing a replacement 305 -- maybe there's a Forerunner 310 coming soon. (Or you may want to jump on the extremely well-priced 305's while the gettin' is good).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

$199 for the watch/foot pod (accelerometer)/heart rate monitor??? I can get a full-fledged 305 for $150 after a rebate.
        You must divulge your source. Where or where have you found such a deal? (I like the looks of this Garmin, might be a better fit for my so feminine wrist)
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

google products reveals several places selling the 305 @ $199. On the Garmin website there is a link to a $50 rebate. $199 - $50 is a pretty dang good deal!
          guys

google products reveals several places selling the 305 @ $199. On the Garmin website there is a link to a $50 rebate. $199 - $50 is a pretty dang good deal!
            I just bought mine from walmart.com for 219$ (And you can get free shipping if you ship to store and then pickup). A very decent price I think, and you get Wal-Mart's flexible return policy should there be ANY problem with the unit... Just a thought...