365+ Day Run Streak! (Read 142 times)

rossruns

On December 31st, 2014, I made a plan to run a minimum of 1 mile a day, every single day of 2015.

I managed to persevere and my streak now stands at 372 days and counting!

I wrote more about this, including some interesting pictures and memories from my 1st year of running every day, in my blog post here.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats!  That's a real challenge for a traveler; in fact, a trip broke my streak a couple of years ago, due to being on a train for a whole bunch of hours.

teileen

Congrats!  You should join the streak group here on RA.  Lots of motivation to keep the streak going.  Are you going to join the USA running streak association to have your streak listed?

Est. 2006

rossruns

Congrats!  You should join the streak group here on RA.  Lots of motivation to keep the streak going.  Are you going to join the USA running streak association to have your streak listed?

I didn't even know there was such a thing until you mentioned it! Looks interesting, I will think about registering with them.

What is the name of the streak group? It would be neat to join and have some extra incentive for those days I'm dragging...

teileen

Hi there.  It's Mile a Day http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/.   There isn't much posting, but just looking at the length of the streaks is a great motivator for me.

The other site is http://www.runeveryday.com/.   You can petition to be listed after one year of running.  I tried to fill mine out on day 366 but my stupid printer wasn't working.  I need to get back on that now that I'm back at work!

Happy running!

Est. 2006

rossruns

Hi there.  It's Mile a Day http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/.   There isn't much posting, but just looking at the length of the streaks is a great motivator for me.

Joined - that is really cool that they have that streak infographic there. And it looks like you and I are streak siblings - born just 2 days apart!

Yooper3.1

Marylander

Congrats on the streak! I'm enjoying doing this myself. I also didn't know about the mile a day group and have just joined. Sweet! I feel better about my streak when I don't read others mileage. Wink I did have an earlier streak where my mileage was over 6 miles per day but I haven't quite gotten there with my current streak (understatement).

teileen

@rossruns - Yep, we indeed started our streaks around the same time!   I was originally going to do a mile a day in 2015 and was "warming up" for it and about halfway through January I was like, hey, my streak started on 12/29, not 1/1!    I enjoyed reading your blog post.  I thought about writing one (just to document for myself), but haven't yet.  My biggest challenges were getting the run in on long ride days, particularly hilly ones.  I'm still really glad I decided to run *before* ascending Alpe d'Huez last summer because I'm pretty sure my streak would have otherwise ended that day!

@Marylander - You have an awesome streak going!   I don't pay attention to mileage, just days.  Getting out to run, whether it's a minimum mile or something more still requires discipline that very few people have.

Est. 2006

I'm still really glad I decided to run *before* ascending Alpe d'Huez last summer because I'm pretty sure my streak would have otherwise ended that day!

Wow!

Get off my porch

Marylander

Oh, yeah, it's the consistency that I'm after and I'm looking to keep it up for the long haul. I don't have anything quite so exotic as cycling up Alpe d'Huez (very cool!) but I managed to get the doc to allow me to do laps around the parking lot last year when I had a nasty MRSA infection. Wink I'm absolutely certain I would have preferred to be in the Alps. Smile

teileen

Oh my!  That's some difficult stuff to recover from, though your general fitness I'm sure had a lot to do with it.  Glad you're doing well.  And oh ya, parking lots are also great during big snow storms and when staying in very isolated hotels.  Big grin

Oh, yeah, it's the consistency that I'm after and I'm looking to keep it up for the long haul. I don't have anything quite so exotic as cycling up Alpe d'Huez (very cool!) but I managed to get the doc to allow me to do laps around the parking lot last year when I had a nasty MRSA infection. Wink I'm absolutely certain I would have preferred to be in the Alps. Smile

<-- runner with a cycling problem.

Est. 2006