No longer a Clydesdale!! (Read 1146 times)

Congratulations! I want to be get out of the stable by the end of the summer as well. I only need to lose another 20 pounds or so. I guess I need to continue to increase my distance.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Welcome to Onederland! I'm sure the pounds will continue to melt off as you add mileage. Chris

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

In some places, the minimum weight for a Clydesdale division runner is 165 lbs.
        Where the hell would the Clydesdale threshold be 165lb? If this were the 1980's, I'd roll out a famine joke. But seriously, 165? If I were 165 and someone said to me, "you're in the Clydesdale division," I'd punch him with my skinny T-Rex/runner arms (and then run like hell).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Where the hell would the Clydesdale threshold be 165lb? If this were the 1980's, I'd roll out a famine joke. But seriously, 165? If I were 165 and someone said to me, "you're in the Clydesdale division," I'd punch him with my skinny T-Rex/runner arms (and then run like hell).
          Man, I sometimes hit 165.... And peopel do comment that I look like a famine victim by times.
            Congrats... I hope can reach some some landmarks soon just to motivate me to stay out of the donut box and off the couch.
            2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
            PDoe

Maybe it's a regional thing. I (ahem) have run many races as a 'big-boned' runner and can only recall one race with a 200# cut off. Fillys in the NE are usually 140# cut off. http://www.coolrunning.com/major/99/baldi/ local N.H. series of 5 races: http://www.nedelta.com/content/races/PDFs/CARS_Brochure_2008.pdf http://www.rotarybedfordnh.com/divisions.html Proud Clydesdale.org member #321 Big grin with the cool t-shirt to prove it.
                Congrats on getting below 200! Hoping to join the club soon myself... about 7lbs to go...
                No kidding! I haven't been 165 since about the 5th grade Tongue At 165 people would (probably rightly) assume I was dying of some terminal illness..
                JakeKnight

I may have some bad news for you. This just arrived from the President of the USA Clydesdale & Filly Racing Federation. And I quote:
                  there are no standards...range is generally 190+ for men & 140lbs.+ for women...the debate would go on forever...and thus would cut into running, eating and drinking time..... Cheers, Paulie (a.k.a. Papa Clyde)
                  Make of it what you will. Since there are "no standards," my decree still stands. But you better get to 189, just to be safe.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

the debate would go on forever...and thus would cut into running, eating and drinking time.....
                    Very clever.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. DW threw out the digital scale. Claims it did not work. Cool. I'm out the door in 5 minutes. Need to do a few (3) miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

PDoe

"..and thus would cut into running, eating and drinking time..... Cheers, Paulie (a.k.a. Papa Clyde)" That's why he's our leader. Big grin Wink
                          Congratulations on the weight loss! I am 6ft tall and 163lbs, I think I look pretty healthy, certainly feel fine...

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Outside Lane

Damn - since I quit smoking 6 months ago I have gone from 190 to about 200 lbs. I was hoping to get down to 190 again (so I wouldn't be like a Budweiser horse) - but if it's really 165 as a target, I think I willl have a donut. Smile

See how they run...

nemo1

Congratulations! Big grin
                              mom2three

So, what's the take on "larger" women then? Is it that "/150lb" mark? I guess I haven't been in any races yet that specified certain divisions other than age/gender. Oh, and welcome to Onederland! That's so awesome. I think I'll cry tears of joyous joy when I reach that point.
                                Jill