RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

HermosaBoy

What's the deal in movies now where the 20-something or 30-something dude is dating a chick in high school??  This came up in both Scott Pilgrim and Pineapple Express.

WEIRD.

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.   Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thor is really friggin' cool.  And loud.  Made me pretty proud of my Norse ancestry.  And OMG, Chris Hemsworth eye-candy!  Plus the bonus of the Cowboys & Aliens trailer...more eye-candy in the form of Daniel Craig...rawr!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Tramps

I watched Even the Rain this weekend.  It's about a film crew that goes to Bolivia to make a movie about Columbus and the European exploitation of natives in the name of Christianity, only to find that things haven't changed much in 500 years. Perhaps the best premise I've ever seen for a movie because its "film-in-a-film" format allows the exploration of history and contemporary issues at the same time.  Loved it.

Be safe. Be kind.

Imminent Catastrophe

Thor is really friggin' cool.  And loud.  Made me pretty proud of my Norse ancestry.  And OMG, Natalie Portman eye-candy!  Plus the bonus of the Cowboys & Aliens trailer...more eye-candy in the form of Olivia Wilde...rawr!

FTFY.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

FTFY.

Ha, they are lookers, too. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Watched Easy A this weekend per DH's recommendation; I was skeptical at first - thought it was going to be a teen movie of sorts...but it was actually really fun and even a bit clever at times (the musical birthday card montage is really funny).  It has a great cast: Thomas Haden Church, Stanley Tucci, Lisa Kudrow...Emma Stone was great too.

Imminent Catastrophe

Caddyshack is on AMC. It's been too long.

Hey, you must have been something before electricity!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Cool Jump Suit

Best.  Movie.  Ever. 

This steak still has marks where the jockey was hitting it!

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

Mr. Popper's Penguin's sucked.  So predictable, and so tideous.  

What happened to Jim Carey? 

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mr. Popper's Penguin's sucked.  So predictable, and so tideous.  

What happened to Jim Carey? 

That makes me sad, but it doesn't surprise me.  I really wish he'd stick to the more dramatic roles--that's where he shines.  I often wonder if he'd at least been nominated for Oscars for The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine... (since he won Golden Globes for both) if he'd feel less compelled to take on dumb roles...or if he'd have been offered juicier parts over the years.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

What happened to Jim Carrey? 

Thetans.

BeeRunB

Caddyshack still holds up. As does its influence, Animal House. Harold Ramis has surely made his contribution (also Back TO School, Groundhog Day, Stripes and Meatballs).

I rarely watch a movie on AMC, they don't respect the art form--they censor language and nudity. Though their shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Walking Dead) are very good.

That makes me sad, but it doesn't surprise me.  I really wish he'd stick to the more dramatic roles--that's where he shines.  I often wonder if he'd at least been nominated for Oscars for The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine... (since he won Golden Globes for both) if he'd feel less compelled to take on dumb roles...or if he'd have been offered juicier parts over the years.

I should mention the kids ( 4 and 9 ) loved it.  And, it really wasn't that bad, just oh so predictable, and tideous. 

For me as an adult, this movie just screamed " money maker "   

But, some of the little penguins were sort of cute : -)  

I loved The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine too....

- Anya

Imminent Catastrophe

I rarely watch a movie on AMC, they don't respect the art form--they censor language and nudity. Though their shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Walking Dead) are very good.

Yeah, that drives me nuts. Especially Blazing Saddles. I just can't watch it on AMC, it's a totally different movie with the best lines cut out.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, that drives me nuts. Especially Blazing Saddles. I just can't watch it on AMC, it's a totally different movie with the best lines cut out.

+1 meeeeeellion!

~ Sarah Kay