So can you call it running when your feet barely come off the ground? (Read 1112 times)

Baby bean!

Confused Or is it shuffling? Today stunk. I had tiny crampy twinges every time I started my run...wait, shuffle..interval. When I got to the walking part, it took me a good minute and a half to get a deep breath in. I know it's good to look at it like I got out there, which I am so happy I did. But it was hard.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

redleaf

sorry it was so crappy today. Congrats on sticking it out though! Next time it can only get better!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Absolutely. Shuffle like Clint the 60 year old sheep farmer. Walk, shuffle or run just keep moving and covering the miles.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The young Mama Bear!

When doing intervals, that's the best way to do it. If you feel comfortable with it and cannot lengthen your stride much more, then don't. Shuffle. Let a rather large gang of grandmas pass you. It's okay! Running is relative. I don't believe in 'jogging', really...it's sort of negative ('Oh, I'm going to be lazy and just jog.') It's all running, even if you're huffing and puffing and barely moving. Wink
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
            Confused Or is it shuffling? Today stunk. I had tiny crampy twinges every time I started my run...wait, shuffle..interval. When I got to the walking part, it took me a good minute and a half to get a deep breath in. I know it's good to look at it like I got out there, which I am so happy I did. But it was hard.
            You are either just (re?)starting running ... or just starting sharing you log. Either way, you will have inexpicably horrible days. BUT YOU WENT OUT. (And, if you were to have bagged it: that's OK, too: You have to listen to your body and mind.) So yes, shuffling through crampy twinges while barley lifting those feet above teh molecular level "counts." Someday, you wil be rewarded with an inexlicably fast run for which you can find no reason. (yeah it's redundant, but 'twas for emphasis.) sadly, the ratio of crap runs to artful runs is on the order of 20-1, but those odds are acceptable. And a challenge. And infiniely rewarding.
            Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Absolutely. Shuffle like Clint the 60 year old sheep farmer. Walk, shuffle or run just keep moving and covering the miles.
              Love the story on Cliff Young. That is great!

TRUST THE PROCESS

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations! As long as you keep moving, it's miles on your feet and a run. Bad days happen, but having the guts to get through bad runs only leads to more great ones later.

Chris
                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

what a great story!
                  I run...then walk... then run some more.
                    Hi Shushi.......to answer your original question....YES - It is still running.... I like to think of days like this as character building days Big grin ...... today you didnt do much for your running, but you did a lot for your character.....and your runs will improve........we all have MAJOR SUCK RUN Days..... Good job for sticking it out.....take a day off or two if you need them and your next run will be good.....PROMISE.... Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

Hi Shushi.......to answer your original question....YES - It is still running.... I like to think of days like this as character building days Big grin ...... today you didnt do much for your running, but you did a lot for your character.....and your runs will improve........we all have MAJOR SUCK RUN Days..... Good job for sticking it out.....take a day off or two if you need them and your next run will be good.....PROMISE.... Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

Roses Revenge

One of the coachs in my training group says we are all runners. Even the walkers. Anyone who gets up and goes out to meet the group at 6AM on a Saturday morning in the rain is a runner. No matter how long it takes them to finish. Rose MM991

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

JakeKnight

I call it "running with Trent."

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Baby bean!

What a sweet story. Big grin

Goals:
                            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.