The "M" word... (Read 1002 times)

SMART Approach

My motivation at 40 was to PR at 5K, 10K, and half marathon on same 20-25 miles per week. Did it. Did it again at 41 on same miles per week. Won't happen at 42 because of tendonitis issue I am slowly recovering from back from softball (too much sprinting) and need to slowly get back to where I was aerobically, but maybe next year!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I don't want to spend my 30s like I did my 20s I want to set a good example for my kid.
      Me too, same reasons as you! Cool
      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Sweaty

My motivation, my mirror and my health . One day I said, that horror, 33 years old, fat and ugly. Shocked NOOOOOOOO. I decided to lose weight and feel beautiful, now 34 years old, thin, happy and the envy of my friend Wink And feel that I am doing something important . Smile
        I donĀ“r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L

Me and my RP

I don't want to get fat again. I enjoy running. I don't want to get fat again. Running gives me energy. I don't want to get fat again. I don't keep up with any other forms of exercise because they don't excite me. Did I mention I don't want to get fat again?Smile

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I didn't want to be like my father who at 45, was a smoker, a drinker, 30 pounds overweight and dead from a heart attack. Or like some have already said, a good example for my kids. It sounds better that way.

Another Passion

I don't want to get fat again. I enjoy running. I don't want to get fat again. Running gives me energy. I don't want to get fat again. I don't keep up with any other forms of exercise because they don't excite me. Did I mention I don't want to get fat again?Smile
              So... whatcher sayin' is... you keep running for all the cool shoes, right? Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I don't want to die. Running keeps me alive and makes me feel alive.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

My sweet new crank!

MY 3 kids...both to get OUT of the house and to race back home... http://the-odonnell-family.blogspot.com/
                  Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO

Me and my RP

So... whatcher sayin' is... you keep running for all the cool shoes, right? Big grin
                    See, Rick!! I knew you'd get the *real* message in that post. Wink

Dave

I run because gout and high blood pressure suck and it controls them. I run because when I had stopped and gained about 15 pounds my wife bought me "old man pants". I run because it gets me out of the office during the day and keeps me sane. I run because cycling takes too darn long. And mrevlich, running until you blow chunks is an art form. I used to do it regularly on my 2 mile tests. Nowadays, not so much. Cool

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com