I ran a half marathon! (Read 186 times)

Thirty seconds after finishing I wanted to do another.

At one point, I was handed a fun-size Snickers at an aid station.  I was running along at a good (for me) pace, eating chocolate, thinking, "This is neat."

Also, I've lost 80 pounds since I started running.  I'm feeling pretty awesome at the moment.

~Kate

Life is short.  Running makes it seem longer.

Congratulations! And welcome to the club...the club of people who finish a half marathon and 30 seconds later are already planning the next one!

At one point, I was handed a fun-size Snickers at an aid station.  I was running along at a good (for me) pace, eating chocolate, thinking, "This is neat."

Also, I've lost 80 pounds since I started running.  I'm feeling pretty awesome at the moment.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Congratulations! Awesome accomplishment!

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

GOOD JOB - 30 seconds after every race all I think is - NEVER AGAIN, THIS IS STUPID.      After I recover and cool down I change my mind.   IF you already wanted to do another after 30 seconds you must have really enjoyed it....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Congrats!!! Big grin

I plan on doing my first half next spring, and I can't wait. I'm glad you had a blast.

GOOD JOB - 30 seconds after every race all I think is - NEVER AGAIN, THIS IS STUPID.      After I recover and cool down I change my mind.   IF you already wanted to do another after 30 seconds you must have really enjoyed it....

That's what I always think while running, but the pain fades quickly after crossing the finish line...

Also, I have to say @katebaker - eating a snickers while running? You may be a born ultrarunner Big grin

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Congratulations!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Turtle

Good for you! I am training for my first 1/2 in April 2014.

Spectrum Health Irish Jig 5K - March 15, 2014

Gazelle Girl Half Marathon - April 13, 2014

Grand Rapids Half Marathon October 19, 2014

“Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option?” 
                  ― Jillian Michaels

“Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!” 
                  ― Jillian Michaels

Way to go!

Also, I have to say @katebaker - eating a snickers while running? You may be a born ultrarunner Big grin

Ha!  I never would have dreamed it before I lost weight, but running an ultra is now on my bucket list.  That used to be up there with "go to the moon".

~Kate

Life is short.  Running makes it seem longer.

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Congratulations! Great job!

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congratulations Kate!  I remember your introductory post not that long ago.  Finishing a half is a huge accomplishment!

runlikeagirI

Congratulations on the half and the weight loss! They are equally amazing accomplishments.  Rock on!

That is what I used to think, untill I started training properly (a novel idea for me up until that point).    Now, if a race result is not what I want.. it pisses me off and I want revenge!

You Rang?

I'm usually thinking these thoughts in the starting corral 30 seconds before the gun goes off.  It ususally takes the form of, "What the expletive deleted am I doing here?" or "This seemed like a good idea eight months ago when I registered."

Congratulations on the half  and the weight lossKate!  Savor it.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Just B.S.

Congrats!!