Route preview on "Edit workout entry" page (Read 329 times)

Francois Nel

Hi,

I have ALLOT of routes and many with minor variations. It is sometimes difficult to remember if the route that I select is the correct variation. It would make my life so much easier if you introduce a "preview" button next to the "Route" drop down so that we can preview the map (of the selected route) while entering a new workout.

Francois Nel

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Interesting suggestion; might be a challenge to make it happen.

I have that problem occasionally, and open RA in another window to review my routes.  I suspect that's much less of an inconvenience to me than the on-page preview would be for Eric to implement.

Francois Nel

Interesting suggestion; might be a challenge to make it happen.

I have that problem occasionally, and open RA in another window to review my routes.  I suspect that's much less of an inconvenience to me than the on-page preview would be for Eric to implement.

Should not be that difficult to implement. It should simply open the link to the map in a pop-up window...
        I also (as workaround) open the routes page in a separate tab. But the problem with that is that you need to go find that route first between all the hundreds of routes already logged. So if it would open in a pop-up, I do not need to go find it...

Francois Nel

Here is where I suggest the button should be:

Button suggestion

eric :)

Here is where I suggest the button should be:

Button suggestion

Francois,

Great suggestion!  I'll add it to my list of requests.  I don't know how to fit it in and make it look nice.  The area you pointed out is already occupied by the spinning wait icon that is visible when you filter your courses.  Besides, I think 16px is too small to provide you with any relevant information.  I think it needs to be at least 50x50 pixels.  Then there's also the problem of courses not having maps.  Any suggestions?

Francois Nel

I do not think you need to display the map on the same page as the edit page. You can simply provide a button (or link) to the map preview that can popup a new window displaying the map. You can disable the button/link if the route has no map.
              eric :)

I do not think you need to display the map on the same page as the edit page. You can simply provide a button (or link) to the map preview that can popup a new window displaying the map. You can disable the button/link if the route has no map.

True, but I don't like popups.  I'll see what I can do.