Boston 2015 - registration date announced (Read 127 times)

hairshirt knitter

See this? http://www.runnersworld.com/boston-marathon/boston-marathon-registration-opens-september-8

So, does that mean that all qualifying races have to be run before September 8th, or would a September 14th race count if you were risking getting in with a bare BQ? Just wondering how late I can leave it...

#artbydmcbride

See this? http://www.runnersworld.com/boston-marathon/boston-marathon-registration-opens-september-8

So, does that mean that all qualifying races have to be run before September 8th, or would a September 14th race count if you were risking getting in with a bare BQ? Just wondering how late I can leave it...

If it doesn't fill up, they will allow later races to count.   Last year you wouldn't have had a chance.

Runners run

hairshirt knitter

Yep, thanks, understood. I have a race scheduled for August 24, the next local race isn't until Sep. 13 - glad I hedged my bets on the earlier race. Aiming for BQ-10.

L Train

If I'm not mistaken, registration got all the way through open two years ago and filled just before Baystate. So if you want to believe that last year was an anomaly for obvious reasons you have hope for the second race to stand.

Feeling the growl again

If it doesn't fill up, they will allow later races to count.   Last year you wouldn't have had a chance.

This.  And I do agree last year was an outlier.  Last year I think the cutoff was qualifier -4 or something like that.  This year having a qualifier  when the open qualifier registration opens may be enough.  I think the years of registering weeks to months after it opening are gone, at least for now.  So the fall marathons are no good for next-year registration, for the most part.  Kind of sad.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

That's September 8th for all you unwashed masses... I get to register a week earlier. 

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

mikeymike

I get to register a week earlier. 

Why? Also, why would you want to?

Runners run

bhearn

For finishing 10 consecutive. Why would I want to? Well one, just so I can lord it over you all. Two, and in principle this is the actual value, it doesn't matter how much I BQ by. If regular registration fills at BQ-3, I'm still in with just a BQ.

AutBatgirl

For finishing 10 consecutive. Why would I want to? Well one, just so I can lord it over you all. Two, and in principle this is the actual value, it doesn't matter how much I BQ by. If regular registration fills at BQ-3, I'm still in with just a BQ.

No way, man. This is the one that really counts!

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.