Number of reps in "strength training" entry capped at 255 (Read 632 times)

cjobrien

Hi, I was trying to use a "strength training" workout entry to track a CrossFit workout and I ran into a limitation with the maximum number of reps. I tried to enter 300 reps of a certain exercise and got the following error message: "#22003Out of range value adjusted for column 'wtt_num_reps' at row 1" A little experimentation reveals the maximum number is 255 (presumably reps are stored as eight-bit values). Is there any chance this limitation could be lifted? Thanks, Chris Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.14 OS: Windows XP Pro SP2
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

eric :)

Wow! That's a lot of reps. Do you do all of it as one set? You're right that the values are stored with a byte because the next step up is much bigger (I'm trying to keep the db small for performance issues). If you do it non-stop, then I'll consider expanding it. eric :-)
      cjobrien

Wow! That's a lot of reps. Do you do all of it as one set? You're right that the values are stored with a byte because the next step up is much bigger (I'm trying to keep the db small for performance issues). If you do it non-stop, then I'll consider expanding it.
        Not all at once, it's broken down into sets. Since a lot of CrossFit workouts are always the same (i.e. "Cindy" today has the exact same number of set/reps/etc as "Cindy" a month from now) I was abusing the strength training entry somewhat in attempting to just summarize the workout + capture the time taken to complete it. I'll take your suggestion and and break it down into sets/reps. Thanks for the quick reply. Chris