Well, that was weird (House stenographer snaps). (Read 140 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

House stenographer snaps on House floor.

I have to say, though...I kind of understand her little breakdown.  Not in terms of what she shouted specifically (though I agree about the dangers of a house divided), but it seems kind of reflective of America's - or at least my - exasperation with that whole situation.  I imagine having to record everything that's been said would start to wear on you.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

TJoseph

I think there is something else going on with her than exasperation with the situation. Here is a quote: "the Constitution would not have been written by Free Masons... and go against God"

and earlier this morning, I was just thinking about how nice it was not to have any political threads within RA.

I was so grateful for not getting caught up in this stuff.

I need a 'hide this thread' button.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

and earlier this morning, I was just thinking about how nice it was not to have any political threads within RA.

I was so grateful for not getting caught up in this stuff.

I need a 'hide this thread' button.

This subject touches on Religion and Politics, a double whammy. :-)

Well, to put it simply... If my job was to write down all the nonsense, craziness, counterproductive posturing, and utter supidity that goes on in Congress, I'd probably lose it too.

I'd skip all the God references, put on a cowboy hat (for the first time), and sing this:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGoDtmTllg

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

#artbydmcbride

Mental stability and core stability; both good things to work on.

Runners run

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I think there is something else going on with her than exasperation with the situation. Here is a quote: "the Constitution would not have been written by Free Masons... and go against God"

Yeah, I saw that, too.  And I suspect that, while those may or may not be beliefs she really harbors, she didn't take the job or go into work yesterday with the thought that she was finally going to seize the platform and enlighten the world about God and the Free Masons and the Constitution.  The article mentions her colleagues had a great opinion of her, very calm, professional, not given to wild rants at all.

But...that's just wild armchair psychologizin' about a woman I don't know, who may be suffering right now, so...grain of salt.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Yeah, I saw that, too.  And I suspect that, while those may or may not be beliefs she really harbors, she didn't take the job or go into work yesterday with the thought that she was finally going to seize the platform and enlighten the world about God and the Free Masons and the Constitution.  The article mentions her colleagues had a great opinion of her, very calm, professional, not given to wild rants at all.

But...that's just wild armchair psychologizin' about a woman I don't know, who may be suffering right now, so...grain of salt.

dang it, the "hide this thread" button didn't work.

MTA: deleted what I wrote.... see above

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

TJoseph

dang it, the "hide this thread" button didn't work.

(I think I would have ranted something after seeing what happened yesterday).

Just don't click on the thread.  No one is really discussing political views anyways.

JimR

Mental stability and core stability; both good things to work on.

Chernobyl had an unstable core.

BeeRunB

Everyone snaps to some degree once in awhile. These days, there is an increased probability your snap will be caught on an iPhone and posted around the world. So be careful at those airline counters, business meetings, and shakedowns by the TSA. You might end up like one of those people satirized in this (wait for John Hamm).

BeeRunB

Almost a micro-expression of the one of the unresolvable "loops" running around the brains of a sizable portion of the U.S. population.

Imagine a gentle Christian soul that delved too much into all the Free Mason conspiracy stuff now available and having a job like that, which is in a place full of Masons, deceits, lies, and power-grabbing. It takes a strong mind to be a silent witness.

Best Present Ever

I dream of snapping and ranting like that one day.  My rant would have entirely different content but I do sympathize with the fuck-you-all-I-don't-give-a-damn-anymoreness of breaking bad like that. 

MTA: end of sentence due to some kind of premature posting error.  

I dream of snapping and ranting like that one day.  My rant would have entirely different content but I do sympathize with the fuck-you-all-I-don't-give-a-damn-anymoreness of

The root word of that is in my copy of the Louisiana dictionary, but yours adds a twist.  Approve

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞