Asics GT-2150 vs GT-2160 (Read 5523 times)

I currently have a pair of the GT-2160s.  I'm looking to get a second pair of running shoes and I found the GT-2150s for about $30 cheaper. 

Is there any major difference between the 2150s and 2160s?

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DoppleBock

Yes - $30

I have always used the asics 1000-1100 series - Each year when the old model is in close out I buy 2 pair to start - if they have not screwed it up then I buy 6-8 more pair.

Usually there is no noticeable difference in Asic model year changes - But once in awhile they tweak somethingthat irritates me - But not enough that I can not run in them.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Ojo

I also think there is a slight difference each time Asics changes the shoes.  I wear the Nimbus Gels and the change from 12 to 13 does not make me happy.  They seem more narrow and I actually had to purchase a wide (never have I had to do this before).  Can you buy them with the possibility of returning them if there is a problem?

Sara

MM #2929

I also think there is a slight difference each time Asics changes the shoes.  I wear the Nimbus Gels and the change from 12 to 13 does not make me happy.  They seem more narrow and I actually had to purchase a wide (never have I had to do this before).  Can you buy them with the possibility of returning them if there is a problem?

Did they change the lacing system on the 13's?

Ojo

Did they change the lacing system on the 13's?

Not too much but for whatever reason the shoe feels tighter.  I brought them home and wore them for 5 minutes before deciding that they would not work.  My local running store allowed me to change them to the wides, which do feel better but I need to wear a thicker sock with them.  I hate when they do this -- I have been wearing this model since I started running 5 years ago!  And of course the price also went up another $5!  Evil

Sara

MM #2929

DoppleBock

I started in 1050s

Currently 1150s

I guess that is 11 models - but only 8 years

There are times ASics have tweaked the show, so I get pissed off and try and change models - to a different Manufacturer - But I never like the different shoe much and end up adjusting to their tweak.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !