Import Nike Sportwatch GPS (Read 67 times)

gdskelly

Late Starter

Is there a way to directly import runs from either the Sportwatch or the Nike+ site?

I've searched around and there seems to be a couple of options for trying to use a separate site to export runs from Nike+ to GPX or TCX files stored locally. Some information is quite dated. I see there is a Nike+ API developer site... not sure if there is anything I can do with that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

eric :)

Hi Greg,

RA currently doesn't support Nike+ devices.  Nike must have created the API site recently because until now, their API is closed, although someone did figure out a brute force way to download the data.  I've sent an email to them requesting API access.  If they grant me API access, I'll add support for it.

eric Smile

gdskelly

Late Starter

Cool... Thanks.

I've since looked at a couple of the export methods. They retrieve GPS data at one second intervals while the test I did with the Nike+ API console produces data at a 10 second interval. I wonder if they just output the observed data thinned to 10 seconds or sample a smoothed track...

Too much curiosity and not enough time for it all!

Cool... Thanks.

I've since looked at a couple of the export methods. They retrieve GPS data at one second intervals while the test I did with the Nike+ API console produces data at a 10 second interval. I wonder if they just output the observed data thinned to 10 seconds or sample a smoothed track...

Too much curiosity and not enough time for it all!

I wish there are more hours in the day.  I have a long list of things to do but can't afford additional developers.

How are you accessing the data?  Directly via the device or via their software?

gdskelly

Late Starter

How are you accessing the data?  Directly via the device or via their software?

Eric,

I've used https://nikeplusexporter.rhysmccaig.com/ and https://mattstuehler.com/lab/NikePlus/ to get data out of Nike+ and I've experimented with the Nike+ API console at http://developer.nike.com/console just to see what it does.

Greg,

Someone figured out how to download data from Nike+ years ago.  I'm guessing the sites you referenced use the same method.  I didn't add it because it is not published by Nike+.  I don't mind that it's not officially supported.  However, I have to do everything on the up and up.  I can't afford having Nike or any other company coming after me my access to their servers as DMCA violations.

I browsed through their API developer site.  It doesn't contain any useful info, and no means of creating an app key to the API.  I sent them an email yesterday requesting access.  I don't have much expectation that they'll respond, much less grant me access.  I'm hoping that they'll make the API publish soon since what they currently got is still beta.

eric Smile