OT: How many of you LOVE trader Joes? (Read 828 times)

Head Procrastinator

Better Then Peanut Butter is the only thing I ever returned. NASTY STUFF!! I can't believe they can keep selling that yet have discontinued other fantastic items. They used to have a yummy Chipotle BBQ sauce that I loved and a Tangine Sauce that was fabulous, both gone. The Thai Red and Green curry sauces are good, the jarred Bruschetta, their version of Greek Yogurt, The Sprouted Wheat Pappardelle. The Pear and Roquefort salad dressing yum!! Portabella Mushroom Ravioli. The frozen fish is good and cheap too. All the juices and teas, the flax tortilla chips, all the jarred salsas, I like the one with jicama in it and the lime habanero best. The nuts and dried fruits are always good and priced well. Olive Oils and vinegars. We don't have wine in NY but they do have a separate wine shop in NYC Union Square that I've been too. The place is packed. Whole Foods=Whole Paycheck. I am glad there isn't one that close to me.
    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
    coastwalker

Our closest TJs is about 40 minutes away, so we go about once a month and come back with the back of the car loaded. We get eggs, soy milk, sausage, frozen veggies, frozen rices, frozen fish & chicken, olive oil, beans, whole wheat pasta, pasta sauce, salad dressings, peanut butter, coffee beans, cheeses, and luscious desserts. We also make a practice to get at least one new item each time we go, and we're rarely disappointed. The only things we get at our regular boring grocery store are salad makings, 'fresh' veggies, 2% milk and cat food. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Love their Vodka Sauce as well, and all of their frozen stuffed meats/fishes when I ate meat/fishes; also the mini tacos! YUM! I love their flax tortilla chips and salsas; any of the Thai curries. And again, when I ate meat, their chicken sausages were amazing... hally, I will have to try the Pear and Roquefort salad dressing-that sounds amazing. I AM SO HUNGRY NOW AFTER READING THIS POST!

Head Procrastinator

Love their Vodka Sauce as well, and all of their frozen stuffed meats/fishes when I ate meat/fishes; also the mini tacos! YUM! I love their flax tortilla chips and salsas; any of the Thai curries. And again, when I ate meat, their chicken sausages were amazing... hally, I will have to try the Pear and Roquefort salad dressing-that sounds amazing. I AM SO HUNGRY NOW AFTER READING THIS POST!
          Knifey, it's in the refrigerator near the salad fixings. And best of all, only 50 calories per serving (2 tbsps)
          hup

I get Morningstar Farms Veggie Breakfast Patties for $2.59 at TJs .... at my local supermarket it's $5.19 for the same box!! Plus, they carry Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale .... yum!

Head Procrastinator

Oh yeah hup, rub in the no alcohol at our TJ's why dontcha!! Big grin I don't know the price difference but the cartoned egg whites at TJ's are a few $$ less then the supermarket too.
                Trader Joe's Lake Grove (556) 137 Alexander Ave Lake Grove, NY 11755 Phone: (631) 863-2477 Trading Hours: 9 am - 9 pm Alcohol: None (Well, there is always room for improvement).
                I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Love TJ's. Great Salsa. Great Yogurt. Great Fruits and Veggies, Great frozen everything. Even the $2 buck chuck is great (for cooking). My wife believes I am obsessed with going there, so I sometimes buy her TJ's flowers. It is 10 times better than Whole Foods.

left-right-left-right-repeat