Under 195 lbs for the first time in 2 years (Read 781 times)

Beware, batbear...

The subject heading says it all. I thought I was 199 for the last two weeks, not cutting any weight. Then I go into the bathroom and found the scale upside down. I have an old school scale and, upon examination, it had been calibrated 3 lbs heavy. I hopped on (with my glasses on today, for the past week I've been just guessing) and WHOA! Below 195. My goal is to get down to 165 from 208 on January 1. I spent two months just walking and then ran about 3 times a week in February. Cranked it up a bit in March. I need to get some shoes, but I'm feeling great and loving getting back into running!Wink

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Congrats! I got there myself a couple of months ago and it felt great! Keep at it and soon you'll be telling us how your pants don't fit right anymore.

De-slacking in progress

Good job on the weight loss. I've dropped 50# in the last year after being overweight nearly my entire adult life and what a difference even losing 5 - 10# makes. I think I was more excited at the weight loss than I was at my ability to take up running. Took me a long time to buy "skinny" clothes due to my fear that I would gain it all back. I still need to lose another 20# but I've fallen into the trap that since I run I can eat what I want and maintain my current weight. I gotta work on that. As your pounds drop off you'll be able to breathe better and the running won't beat your body as much either. Keep up the good work

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Are we there yet?

My goal is to get down to 165 from 208 on January 1. I spent two months just walking and then ran about 3 times a week in February. Cranked it up a bit in March. I need to get some shoes, but I'm feeling great and loving getting back into running!Wink
          CONGRATS MAN!! I began running again in October after a hiatus of a couple years and started @ 207 lbs and now I checked today and I am 178 lbs... Looks like we are about the same age & height. Don't underestimate yourself!! YOU CAN DO IT! The thing that worked for me was picking out a marathon/race, the weight was secondary to my goal of finishing my first marathon. But needless to say 30 lbs doesnt go unnoticed by my wife. Shocked

Just Happy to Run

Your story is both motivating and a WIN! Nice job! Smile Keeps me focused on getting down to 160 from my current 178... (15 years ago I was 210! Lost some of that long before I even became a runner.) Thanks for sharing!
            Jason

2010 Goals
            • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
              Congrats, Batensmack! It always feels good to hit a milestone like that. I wish you continued success toward your 165 goal! I would like to lose 15-20 pounds by the end of August, which is my big goal race for the year, TransRockies. It would make going up and down those mountains a bit easier!! -Kelly

~ Kelly ~
              My Blog: http://roerunner.blogspot.com
              Upcoming Races:
              05/03: Seven Bridges 10mi
              05/25: Elgin Fox Trot 10mi
              06/12-13: MC200 Relay
              07/09: Bastille Day 5k
              08/23-28: TransRockies Run (6-day, 113mi Stage Race)
              10/11: Chicago Marathon
              10/24: North Face Endurance Challenge 50k