What does you rest day look like? (Read 944 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I rest on my rest days. One of the biggest challenges I have in training, especially when I'm specifically training for a marathon, is sleep. I use my rest days to catch up on sleep.
      I don't schedule any days off from running but will take one if I need to. A normal rest day is 4-6 miles of easy or slow running, usually on the grass. I'm convinced that a light running day helps me to recover from harder training more than doing nothing. There is a positive cumulative affect as well.
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        I take Sunday's completely off. During the week when I don't run I go to the gym and do weight training. I also sometimes walk during the week as well, but on Sunday, following my Long Run on Saturday I always rest. I may get out in the yard with the kids, but it is low key, and I don't pursue it, they pursue me and I don't want to miss the opportunity.
        "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
        My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com
        dfffff

Rest days for me are 3-5 miles easy.
            my 'rest' days are days I work and cannot possibly workout or run (I work 12 hour shiftwork and although I've been know to head out after, sometimes it's just not in me)
            jeffdonahue

I have recently started to try to get a good "Streak" going and am trying to run at least one mile every day. So while my rest days used to have no running at all, and maybe just lifting weights a little, now I run just over a mile on those days. 28 days straight and counting...