newbie question (Read 646 times)

this space for rent

Hello everyone - I'm another refugee from Cool Running and have a quick question about using the log here... I imported my CR data (it worked flawlessly - thanks eric!!), but now when I go to enter new non-running workouts, I can't find a place to enter data for my shoes. I do a lot of walking, hiking, and combination run/walks, so I don't want to enter them as runs, per se, but I certainly want to keep tabs on my shoe mileage. Any suggestions?
    btb1490

Will this work? If you go up to Options (top right of screen), then go to Log Preferences, in there you can add new run types. If you create a run type called "walking", or "hiking", or "run/walk", you can log you shoe mileage that way.

this space for rent

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that and there's still no shoe field. I've tried it both with my imported workout types (from CR), and with creating new ones. For some reason, the only way I can get shoes is to use the "new run entry" button. Anything below "run" comes through w/out a shoe field. *puzzled* **edit - ah! I see what you're saying - I can create new subheadings under run. Eh...why not Smile They'll all be run: run/walk, run:hike, or whatnot, but that's fine with me. So long as I can track mileage and graph data over time, I'm a happy camper. Thanks!
        btb1490

My apologies for not making my instructions clearer. See if this works. Click on "Options" in the upper right corner of the screen. Then click on "My Log Preferences". In that screen, you'll see "Workout Types" at the bottom. Click on the "Running" workout type, and in there, you can define a new type of "run" called "Walking", or whatever you want to call it. Then in your training log, click on "New Run Entry", then in that screen, you should be able to select your new run type from the "Type" drop down box. I hope that helps! MTA: Hey, you got it! Cool!