first 10 mile week (Read 946 times)

Another Passion

Oh, and it gets crazier...ready? Cougar89 is Coach Briggs, and his dad was my coach (Coach Briggs) when I was in HS. Back then, our school was part of the GLL with Bedford and Coach Masters was coaching even then. Coach Masters and Coach Mahoney are sometimes running pals of mine (even more for Cougar89 as he lives closer to them).
    Coach Mahoney has been my oldest daughter's XC coach for the last three years and was her science teacher in 7th grade and my youngest daughter has Masters for English this year! Crazy Mishka! Oh, and I've been the president of the Bedford Running Club for the last couple of years and work with Bob quite a bit on that end - it's like our "running boosters" here at Bedford.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chris, that 10% rule is really something. I haven't really ever disobeyed it and guess what...I've never really ever been benched, either! Now I'm up to nearly 40 miles/week after 2 years (Winters usually have me scaling back for several months on end, but it's good to give one's body an off-season). Training smart will hopefully pay off for you, too! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

Keep up the good work! You ran 10 more miles than the guy sitting on his couch!!
        or sitting in front of his computer reading this

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14