My Absolutely Fantastic Morning Run Has Ruined My Day! (Read 265 times)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Have you ever had such a great morning run - for me it was my longest YTD, 15.7 miles, 10 of which were along the Mighty Mississippi, at a good pace and I felt fantastic - that for the rest of the day you're just daydreaming about your next run, your next race, and your pacing, diet, and other running details? I have serious work to do today, and while running usually energizes me and gets me going, sometimes - like today - it produces such a rush that it gets in the way of what I should be doing (like writing Sunday's sermon!). 

Grrr. Very grateful for the wonderful run, but I really wish that my brain and body could shift back to work mode!

Have you ever had this experience?

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Oh, yeah.  I get it, especially with some beautiful spring weather beginning to tease.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I see you even previewed part of the Twin Cities Marathon route this morning. I ran Harriet, Calhoun and Lake of the Isles last night for 13.1, however it was not one of those effortless days for me. Good luck on your TCM training. I just registered as well.

Resident Historian

Spring (run) fever! BTDT.

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I see you even previewed part of the Twin Cities Marathon route this morning. I ran Harriet, Calhoun and Lake of the Isles last night for 13.1, however it was not one of those effortless days for me. Good luck on your TCM training. I just registered as well.

Ooh, I know those places, even though I don't live there.

Revenge of the Nerd

I have serious work to do today, and while running usually energizes me and gets me going, sometimes - like today - it produces such a rush that it gets in the way of what I should be doing (like writing Sunday's sermon!). 

Grrr. Very grateful for the wonderful run, but I really wish that my brain and body could shift back to work mode! 

You should somehow incorporate the running "rush" into your sermon.

Can I get an amen?!

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Hoban-Jay

Perhaps you can tell your parishoners that Sunday services will be delayed until Monday.  If you explain why, I'm sure they'll understand !  ;-)

Or, if you have subordinates at your church...have one of them write the sermon for you!

All I do is think and talk about running.  All of my stories have running metaphors or comparitives. None of my friends or family  run so they get sick of me.  Not sure if it has ruined my life YET but there are days when I need to think about other things I guess.... But in the meantime I will stick to being a running junkie !! Approve

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

You should somehow incorporate the running "rush" into your sermon.

Can I get an amen?!

Amen!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.