Firefox forum issue (Read 678 times)

Former runner

The log seems to be working but I can't get the forums to work with Firefox tonight.

Using Win XP Home SP3 with FF 3.0.10

Here's the error I'm getting.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load type OFF_LIMIT.TrainingLog.LatLng required for deserialization.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Unable to load type OFF_LIMIT.TrainingLog.LatLng required for deserialization.

Source Error:

<code>The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.</code>

Stack Trace:

<code>
    [SerializationException: Unable to load type OFF_LIMIT.TrainingLog.LatLng required for deserialization.] System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteObject(ObjectHolder holder, Boolean bObjectFullyComplete) +10106658 System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoNewlyRegisteredObjectFixups(ObjectHolder holder) +150 System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RegisterObject(Object obj, Int64 objectID, SerializationInfo info, Int64 idOfContainingObj, MemberInfo member, Int32[] arrayIndex) +411 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.RegisterObject(Object obj, ParseRecord pr, ParseRecord objectPr, Boolean bIsString) +136 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseObjectEnd(ParseRecord pr) +301 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() +950 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +559 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +326 System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.ReadValueFromStream(BinaryReader reader) +1107 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.ReadValueFromStreamWithAssert() +73 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.DeserializeItem(String name, Boolean check) +347 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.get_Item(String name) +27 System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionStateContainer.get_Item(String name) +23 System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState.get_Item(String name) +23 OFF_LIMIT.OLPage.Page_Error(Object sender, EventArgs args) +343 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +11026190 System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +109 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11031963 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11031514 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +91 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +240 ASP.forums_index_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +9 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Ross

I just got the same error with IE 7 and Win Xp Professional just hitting the runningahead.com homepage.  I closed browser and all was good.

Just uploaded to log about 10 mintes OK.

Also the reply button was missing from this forum post ... Only quote.

The log seems to be working but I can't get the forums to work with Firefox tonight.

Using Win XP Home SP3 with FF 3.0.10

Here's the error I'm getting.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load type OFF_LIMIT.TrainingLog.LatLng required for deserialization.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Unable to load type OFF_LIMIT.TrainingLog.LatLng required for deserialization.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: Unable to load type OFF_LIMIT.TrainingLog.LatLng required for deserialization.] System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteObject(ObjectHolder holder, Boolean bObjectFullyComplete) +10106658 System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoNewlyRegisteredObjectFixups(ObjectHolder holder) +150 System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RegisterObject(Object obj, Int64 objectID, SerializationInfo info, Int64 idOfContainingObj, MemberInfo member, Int32[] arrayIndex) +411 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.RegisterObject(Object obj, ParseRecord pr, ParseRecord objectPr, Boolean bIsString) +136 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseObjectEnd(ParseRecord pr) +301 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() +950 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +559 System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +326 System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.ReadValueFromStream(BinaryReader reader) +1107 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.ReadValueFromStreamWithAssert() +73 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.DeserializeItem(String name, Boolean check) +347 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.get_Item(String name) +27 System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionStateContainer.get_Item(String name) +23 System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState.get_Item(String name) +23 OFF_LIMIT.OLPage.Page_Error(Object sender, EventArgs args) +343 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +11026190 System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +109 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11031963 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11031514 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +91 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +240 ASP.forums_index_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +9 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Former runner

I just got the same error in IE 7.

Ross

eric :)

I'm in the middle of uploading another batch of updates and was encountering some unforeseen problems.

Former runner

Are we impatient or what?

Seems to be working now. Thanks.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,    
              And sorry I could not travel both    
              And be one traveler, long I stood    
              And looked down one as far as I could    
              To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,    
              And having perhaps the better claim    
              Because it was grassy and wanted wear;    
              Though as for that, the passing there    
              Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay    
              In leaves no step had trodden black.    
              Oh, I marked the first for another day!    
              Yet knowing how way leads on to way    
              I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh    
              Somewhere ages and ages hence:    
              Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,    
              I took the one less traveled by,    
              And that has made all the difference.
              eric :)

Trent,

What does the poem have to do with this problem or the update?