Upload via iPhone and Wahoo dongle (Read 727 times)

JackJ

I'd love to be able to upload workouts from my Garmin (405, currently) to Running Ahead via my iPhone, and it looks like there is hardware to facilitate this:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/05/inside-look-at-downloading-fr310xt.html 

Apologies if this has come up before.  Has anyone looked into it further?

xor

I have not, but I can't let the phrase "Wahoo dongle" pass me by.

JackJ

I'm not generally a squeamish person, but I did cringe a little when typing the title of that thread.

But I'm very enthused about this, as I think I could ditch the PC and be completely satisfied with an iPhone and iPad if I have a way to upload my Garmin data through one of those.  So yes, dammit, I want a dongle, and I'm not too proud to say so.

eric :)

From the screen shots, it looks like the dongle comes with software that supports other websites.  If this is the case, then they just need to add support for RA and then you can use your dongle as much as you like.

If I have to add support myself, then it will be toward the bottom of my todo list since I don't know how many people will use this functionality.

Sorry.  I also can't suppress my inner 5 year old...

Is it awkward to ask someone you (presumably) don't know on an internet message board to support your wahoo dongle?  Didn't Craigslist already get in trouble for that kind of stuff?

Imminent Catastrophe

I have not, but I can't let the phrase "Wahoo dongle" pass me by.

Dang. Beat me to it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HermosaBoy

No more yankey me wankey?  The dongle need food?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

No more yankey me wankey?  The dongle need food?

Ah yes.  Now we're cooking.

HermosaBoy

Ah yes.  Now we're cooking.

I tried to resist!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob