Does this make me a "seasoned" runner?? (Read 822 times)

Ok. Not quite sure where this topic should go! I just got off my treadmill, I'm sitting here eagerly inputting my mileage so I can see that purty little bar on my graph, and I just sorta wiped my cheek. I keep going and then realize my face feels like I've walked through a dust storm. I feel it again and it definately feels like I've gone through a dust storm, sorta gritty! I was clean when I started out. Didn't see any dirt flyin' when I was on the treadmill!.... huh?? Now the gross part. Be forewarned. I do another sweep and see that on my finger are little teeny tiny itty bitty specs of white..like salt. What the heck?! So I (gross part) taste it and IT'S SALT!!!!! Is this normal?? I mean, I've been sweaty and therefore, salty before, but I don't ever remember seeing little particles on me or being gritty!!! Help! Call a doctor! Shocked
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, that's normal. During the Summer I have returned from particularly sweaty runs with a white film. Just make sure you hydrate well. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Yes, this is normal, especially during winter. Since the air tends to be so dry, and it's warm inside, the sweat evaporates quicker, leaving you salt-encrusted. Wait till you have a shirt with big white rings on it that make it look like one of Jeff's hippie shirts.
          a "seasoned" runner LOL. Oh, I love puns so.
            Thanks guys! Good to know! That's a leetle weird!! LOL Clowning around
              Totally normal! After hot and/ or long races, I always see people (and me!) with salt encrusted on their faces. Lovely!
              2009: BQ?
              Chris UK

....I do another sweep and see that on my finger are little teeny tiny itty bitty specs of white.. Shocked
                Yes you can really get peppered with it sometimes Blush

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Yes you can really get peppered with it sometimes Blush
                  Oh Lord. You're my kinda guy Chris!! Big grin
                  Chris UK

Oh Lord. You're my kinda guy Chris!! Big grin
                    Thanks for the condiment. Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM