Quick survey for runners = raffle to win free shoes! (PS eric approved this) (Read 278 times)

Done Smile

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

spinach

I may be pretty unusual with this but I use the online stores to try the shoes and then I would like to buy them from my local running store.  I have a real nice running store nearby and i want to support them but they don't carry the shoes that I wear.  I could order through them but if there is a special order  they won't take a return.  I got burned on this several years ago when Nike changed the Zoom Marathoner without any warning.  I ordered my fourth pair through the store and i was quite surprised when the fourth pair was at least a half size smaller than my previous ones even though they were all labelled as size 9.5.  I haven't bought anything from Nike since then and I haven't bought any shoes from the store.  Instead I buy shoes from Running Warehouse because they have postage paid returns.  I would like to support my local running store but I can't afford to buy shoes that don't fit.  After getting burnt by Nike changing a shoe without indicating it, I am reluctant to buy any shoes that i cannot return without trying them on first.  So I bought all my shoes from Running Warehouse since then.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I suggest you tell your LRS just that.  They might change their ways.

As a business owner, I would certainly welcome that feedback.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

spinach

I have talked to them in the past about this with no luck.  But I have gotten to know the owner better in the past year and so maybe I will ask him again when I am getting ready to buy a new pair of shoes.  I do understand why they would be reluctant to allow a return on a shoe that was specially ordered.  I don't blame them at all and I don't think they should be stuck with the unwanted merchandise.  In my case i put the blame totally on Nike and as I have mentioned I haven't bought any Nike merchandise since then, but I still do support the LRS.

redleaf

Hi folks!

As part of a school project I'm conducting a survey around running shoe shopping behavior. Of course when I want to know what runners think, I think of RA... so here I am. I would be very grateful to have all your input if you have a few minutes to spare. Should only take 5-7 minutes and we'll be doing a raffle at the end to give away a free pair of running shoes.

http://tuck.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b8f0MgCgdyQc68J

Thank you in advance and please let me know if you have any questions!

Sara

Can non-americans do it?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Interesting situation spinach. Thanks for sharing your experience.

redleaf - yes, please do! maybe just select other for location. Smile

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Ah, that light sting when you forget where an RA poster has gone, only to recall that she is off doing something useful with her life.

(Done.)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Done

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I have talked to them in the past about this with no luck.  But I have gotten to know the owner better in the past year and so maybe I will ask him again when I am getting ready to buy a new pair of shoes.  I do understand why they would be reluctant to allow a return on a shoe that was specially ordered.  I don't blame them at all and I don't think they should be stuck with the unwanted merchandise.  In my case i put the blame totally on Nike and as I have mentioned I haven't bought any Nike merchandise since then, but I still do support the LRS.

Kelly's running warehouse charged a restocking fee on top on the return change. One and Done.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Outside Lane

Done.  Thanks!

See how they run...

redleaf

Interesting situation spinach. Thanks for sharing your experience.

redleaf - yes, please do! maybe just select other for location. Smile

For the "please select the state where you reside" Other is not an option Smile

HF #4362

Well shoot. Just pick the closest state. Smile

For the "please select the state where you reside" Other is not an option Smile

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Ah, that light sting when you forget where an RA poster has gone, only to recall that she is off doing something useful with her life.

(Done.)

This has yet to be proven.... I hope you're right!! I miss RA!

~Sara

redleaf

Well shoot. Just pick the closest state. Smile

Okey dokes.

I usually pick Alaska - cold, up north etc. But proximity is NY - just across the lake (big lake, but lake nonetheless)

HF #4362