Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Post web address instead?

Here's the new colors of the Inspire you asked about in the other Forums!!

inspire

---------

mel710

Seth,

Usually train in Inspires, race in Elixirs.  Had a bunch of races lately and too lazy to take orthotics out, so I've been training in Elixirs.  Finally went back to Inspires and they feel "a bit too much".    Problem is I'm in Elixir 7's and just can't wear pink checkerboard, (Elixir 8).  I know color shouldnt matter, but it is what it is......

So,,,are there new colors for Elixir in the near future....you think I should try Saynora when they come out?

Thanks for your help, Mel

Seth,

Usually train in Inspires, race in Elixirs.  Had a bunch of races lately and too lazy to take orthotics out, so I've been training in Elixirs.  Finally went back to Inspires and they feel "a bit too much".    Problem is I'm in Elixir 7's and just can't wear pink checkerboard, (Elixir 8).  I know color shouldnt matter, but it is what it is......

So,,,are there new colors for Elixir in the near future....you think I should try Saynora when they come out?

In this vein, hate to ask, but are these gonna be $115 Elixirs, cause...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

mel710

In this vein, hate to ask, but are these gonna be $115 Elixirs, cause...

And can't use any coupons/discounts when buying Mizunos

Seth,

First up... love the blink182 avatar (from 1998-2002 I saw them over 30x live)

Second... I train almost exclusively in the Elixir.  I love it for fast days, long runs, medium runs... everything.  It juts works so well for me.

The good news, is that the new colorway of the Elixir 8 will come out in July... so if you hate pink, you're all good  Smile

Also, yea... I think the Sayonara will be a great option too.  It's actually lighter & faster than the Elixir... yet provides just as much inherent stability since it slightly sits lower to the ground.

Thanks for the questions!!!!

---------

mel710

First up... love the blink182 avatar (from 1998-2002 I saw them over 30x live)

Second... I train almost exclusively in the Elixir.  I love it for fast days, long runs, medium runs... everything.  It juts works so well for me.

The good news, is that the new colorway of the Elixir 8 will come out in July... so if you hate pink, you're all good  Smile

Also, yea... I think the Sayonara will be a great option too.  It's actually lighter & faster than the Elixir... yet provides just as much inherent stability since it slightly sits lower to the ground.

Thanks for the questions!!!!

30x, I'm jealous.   Had tickets for me and my son to see them at Bamboozle at our local beach, they cancelled two weeks before cause Travis had a tonsillectomy....Didnt know you needed your tonsils to drum......

Hah... I actually saw them with Scott on drums before Travis

---------

Anyone had a chance to get a test run in Wave Sayonara yet?

---------

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Mel, I train in Inspires and race in Elixirs too. But the pink checkerboard is what originally drew me to them lolol. Everyone has different taste Smile. Re: the price.... if you sign up to be a VIP at roadrunnersports.com for $1.99 you always get 10% off and free shipping. Then, about once a month and at a bunch of other additional times such as holidays, they add an additional 10% off everything. So it is easy to get them for $95.

Sethvwhat is the new Elixir color coming out in July? And what is the difference between the Elixir and Sayonara? (there's no such thing as too many pairs on running shoes)

Seth,

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mel, I train in Inspires and race in Elixirs too. But the pink checkerboard is what originally drew me to them lolol. Everyone has different taste Smile. Re: the price.... if you sign up to be a VIP at roadrunnersports.com for $1.99 you always get 10% off and free shipping. Then, about once a month and at a bunch of other additional times such as holidays, they add an additional 10% off everything. So it is easy to get them for $95.

Sethvwhat is the new Elixir color coming out in July? And what is the difference between the Elixir and Sayonara? (there's no such thing as too many pairs on running shoes)

Hey Kristen!

so stoked you're running in both Inspire and Eixir!  Definitely one of the most popular 1-2 combo out on the roads.

the new Elixir colorways drop in a few weeks, and look beautiful.   Also in July the Wave Sayonara comes out, which is a brand new lightweight performance trainer forum us.

its a little different feel than both the Elixir AND the Precision, I definitely would recommend you checking it out once you grab your next Elixir and are looking for something a touch lighter and faster feeling... Here is a a little write up I did for our blog.

http://www.mizunousa.com/running/blog/article/feel-lighter-run-faster

---------

drca

Hi Seth,

I used to run in Mizuno Waveriders 12 and 13 and they were excellent.  I don't know what happened with the 14's but I returned them immediately and was introduced to the Elixir.  This shoe is amazing - its my runner version of the glass slipper.  Just 2 days ago, i bought a fresh pair of 8's and was informed that Mizuno will be phasing out the Elixir's.  Well, that they're "re-evaluating".  Please say this isn't true!  I don't want to go through the trial and error pains again.  I'm a forefoot striker (almost toe) distance runner and Mizuno wave technology works for me.  I can't run in Asics or Brooks and I lose Nike's around mile 3-5.

Still waiting for any news on the Wave Universe x (5?).  Aren't they supposed to be coming out about now?

B-Plus

Anyone had a chance to get a test run in Wave Sayonara yet?

No, but I'm super excited to try them out. Can't you send me a pair? Big grin

B-Plus

Still waiting for any news on the Wave Universe x (5?).  Aren't they supposed to be coming out about now?

It's available for pre-order on the Running Warehouse site. The listed weight is damn next to nothing.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I used to run in Mizuno Waveriders 12 and 13 and they were excellent.  I don't know what happened with the 14's but I returned them immediately and was introduced to the Elixir.  This shoe is amazing - its my runner version of the glass slipper.  Just 2 days ago, i bought a fresh pair of 8's and was informed that Mizuno will be phasing out the Elixir's.  Well, that they're "re-evaluating".  Please say this isn't true!  

I was also a fan of the Wave Riders and hated the 14s but so did everybody. The 15s and 16s have been better, like the earlier versions so if the Elixer is phased out, you might try the Wave Riders again.