nike+ sportband (Read 679 times)

Duncan

Has anyone tried this gadget? Any comments... I'm looking for a low cost way of knowing what mileage I've run.
    jeffdonahue

Has anyone tried this gadget? Any comments... I'm looking for a low cost way of knowing what mileage I've run.
      Truly low cost - map it out on thsi site or at www.mapmyrun.com after you have finished. Total cost - $0 I have not tried the sportband (though I have purchased one) but I have used the Nike+ pod on my shoe with the ipod link and liked it a lot. The only problem I ran into was that after about a month and a half of use (and not necessarily using it every run) the pod itself died on me. I must have missed something on how to extend the life and since I keep it in my gym bag when not using it, it might have been running whenever I moved teh bag. Otherwise it was very good for pace and distance - even without calibrating it.

Duncan

Truly low cost - map it out on thsi site or at www.mapmyrun.com after you have finished. Total cost - $0
        thanks - I love RA and log/ map all my runs here. I am more interested in whether the sportband will let me know my mileage en route, I run through a lot of woodland that does not have paths that show up on a map, hard to accurately map sometimes Big grin
        jeffdonahue

I found the pod (again, using the ipod attachment instead of the sportband) to be relatively accurate - probably within 1-2% overall. But looking at the cost side of this again, you could consider getting a Garmin 205. The sportband is something like $60 and I think you can probably get the garmin for around $100 - though I have no idea whether you would keep losing the signal if you are running through woodlands.