NYC Marathon Runner Tracking (Read 353 times)

I was hoping to ask all you NYC Marathoners to put up your bib # so we could track you on race day. 

however, they are charging $2.99 to track runners? Does any other race do this? Seems like they sure to make a ton of bank on this race. 

Sorry - but I'll pass...

Anyway - I'll be watching and cheering you on! Can't wait to read race reports...

Go get yours!

Mark

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yeah, that blows.  However, you can track people via the web:

TrackMyRunners via Web

On race day, domestic and international spectators will be able to track up to five runners simultaneously on the web. No pre-registration is required, and the service is free. Available on race morning..

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 08/28: Slowly working back up from a pelvic stress fracture.  4mil distance PR w00t!

Julia1971

Thanks for the encouragement!

I plan on posting my finish time as soon as I finish with race report to follow soon after.  But, if anyone wants to track me, feel free to send me a PM.  I'll probably try to convince you to give me the $3 instead so I can apply that towards my post-race champagne fund, though.  Smile

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Same here.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 08/28: Slowly working back up from a pelvic stress fracture.  4mil distance PR w00t!

ultramarathon/triathlete

NYRR charges for EVERYTHING these days.  Entering the lotto for the London Marathon = Free.  Not NYC.

Soon they'll charge you to view their website.  Eventually they want 25 cents every time you say NYC Marathon.  That will quickly go up to a dollar, and ten years from now, it'll be a grand, just like the race will be.

Crazy.  And I get almost DAILY emails from them asking for money for this or that run-charity.  Seriously, Fred Lebow is rolling in his grave.

Annnnnnyway, aside from that rant, I'm bib 583.  I don't want anyone to pay to track me, but if you can do it free on the website, feel free.  Just don't belittle me if I fall apart!! 

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club
            USATF Coach

Yup - they got my $$ for signing up for the lotto. 

I just want to do the race once to do it. One and done. Way too expensive...

Anyhow - you guys will be awesome. Can't wait to hear race reports! 

I've got Philly in 3 weeks - so your excitement is contagious!!