Either comment notifications are broken or I misunderstand (Read 117 times)

Coach_Mark

I have two accounts.  One is the "master" account for our club and the other is my personal account.  When I log in under the master account (FRTR) and go to my personal account (Coach_Mark) and make a comment in a workout I do not get a notification icon when logged in as Coach_Mark.  My understanding was that when others made a comment on a workout I would see a little red number when I log in, is this not correct?

eric :)

Hi Coach_Mark,

You should get a red number on the workout comment icon at the top if you have new comments.  I am unable to reproduce the problem you're experiencing.  Could you provide me with a detailed list of steps to reproduce the problem?  Thanks!

eric Smile

Coach_Mark

1. I login as FRTR
        2. I go to User Group https://www.runningahead.com/groups/frtrfallendurance/
        3. I click on reports
        4. I click on Coach_Mark
        5. I click on Workouts
        6. I click on the icon to view for the first entry
        7. I enter a comment and click on comment
        8. I log out as FRTR
        9. I login as Coach_Mark
        10. In the upper right of the screen I see the mail icon and the comment icon.  I am expecting a red “1” by the comment icon since I know that FRTR left a comment, but there is no red “1”

Which browser are you using?

Coach_Mark

I am pretty sure I created the comments in Chrome. I have been viewing in IE, Chrome and mobile Safari and none show an alert icon

Coach_Mark

I uploaded a new workout for today (5/26).  Maybe try making a comment on it and I'll see if I get a notification?

Coach_Mark,

I think the problem is your log is private.  Private logs can't receive comments so the system would not bother to check for new messages.

eric Smile

Coach_Mark

Well it is your code so you should know better than me, but that does not make sense.  I had my log checked as private but I also checked that other users can make comments.  I AM able to login as another user and make a comment.  Since a comment is being made I would expect a notification.  I did go in and make my log public and then created a comment (as the user FRTR).  When I log back in as Coach_Mark it still does not show a comment notification.

Here is the problem I am trying to solve:

We have about 63 people in our training group and we are encouraging them to log their workouts (not all will, but I hope most) here so that I and the other coaches can see them and make comments.  We are making comments but if they are not getting a notification, and since I do not I assume they do not, they have no idea.  I could solve this with a message (at least for me message notification work) but that is extra futzing around I think

There was a bug where the new comment data wasn't stored.  It is fixed.

Coach_Mark

Yay!  Just tested and working as it should, thanks!