Vibrating leg (Read 2932 times)

For the past week or so, I've had this annoying, intermitent vibrating sensation in my right thigh..Feels like cell phone or like theres a vibration on the floor that Im sensing. But it can happen anywhere--At first it would happen mostly when walking, now it  is happening more frequently, and doesnt matter if Im sitting or standing.

Using Dr Google..I either have MS, a pinched nerve, need to exercise more, or its being caused by the evil aspartane.

I have had back problems in the past which google says could be related..but no real problems now.

So, initially Im throwing the diet soda away (and caffeine in general) to see if that does the trick..and hopefully will be able to get back on track with the running.

Trent, or any other docs have an opinion on this? If it doesnt subside after the weekend of clean living and exercise Wink I will call the doc.

Don't overstride!

I have had the same thing happen in my left leg, when I start to push the mileage up. I rest a few days and it seems to help. I also think I need to strengthen my legs (Hill Sprints)  before I increase my mileage to much.

I've always assumed those were just tiny cramps.

BeeRunB

I've had things like that over the years. They usually just go away.

The body is on its own adventure.

Cool

Jimmy

ultramarathon/triathlete

I've had this exact thing on and off before too.   

It's annoying but has always (eventually) gone away.  I assumed it was overworked muscles.

I'd do exactly what you are doing.  Switch diet a bit and wait and see, and if it is still going on, see a Doc. 

Google is also where I inevitably go, and I've found I have alllll sorts of terrible ailments/am dying, and in reality (at least so far!) they've all ended up being over-use problems and nothing serious.  Don't sweat it!   

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If it's just twitching, they say vitamin b12 helps.  More rest and less stress, too.

#artbydmcbride

I've had that thrumming feeling, but more often a sort of random spasming.  It seemed to be from dehydration for me.

Runners run

its not overuse--thats for sure. But no sleep, stress  and way too much caffeine and diet soda. Weening myself off the caffeine. Made it until lunch today, and I had to have a coke. Caffeine withdrawals are the worst. And having them kick in so quickly tells me that I really must have been taking in way more than I realized.

its not overuse--thats for sure. But no sleep, stress  and way too much caffeine and diet soda. Weening myself off the caffeine. Made it until lunch today, and I had to have a coke. Caffeine withdrawals are the worst. And having them kick in so quickly tells me that I really must have been taking in way more than I realized.

I seem to recall reading that caffeine withdrawal goes away completely within 8 days of going cold-turkey.

Ive given it up before. Didnt seem to even take that long. But the first few days is horrible. Im doing a slow quit this time.

A vibrating thigh could make you very popular. 

Do you carry keys or stuff in your pockets?  I used to get a weird thing were I felt like my phone was vibrating in my pocket even when I didn't have it with me, and also a sensation of heat on the outside of my thigh.  All went away when I stopped carrying stuff in my pockets.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

John Messick

Hey friends,

Many many thanks for your suggestion, I just got my skin biopsied on my left leg in two places Monday for the small nerve fiber peripheral neuropathy. I will have the results in a few weeks, but the woman who did the testing said my symptoms are typical of that type of neuropathy so I really think its what's going on. I am on neuron tin 300mg once a day , but its not helping a whole lot.

Nice to meet you

John Messick