Ran my first 5K on Sunday 1-12 in Houston (Read 477 times)

Freerunner

I did it! Big grin I started the C25K program at the end of October and signed up for my first 5k (which was yesterday). I was really nervous cause I was going solo! It was a wonderful experience! There was over 20,000 runners in downtown houston and I was a little fish in a big pond. I met another runner who did the C25K also and was on her 2nd 5K so I stuck with her most of the race. My pace was 13:13 and I finished in 41:06. Not great, but hey it was an awesome feeling! The one thing that is now mine is that I can always say " I ran a 5K". Yes I wanted to thank all of you here that were kind enough to help answer my questions the last 2 weeks. Without the support I think I would of talked myself out of the run. Thanks everyone! Big grin

Another Passion

Congratulations on your first 5K Freerunner! Way to get out there and at it! Wink

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Congrats!

Vim

Way to go. It's so much fun and I'm sure you wil do more. Happy running KMS
            Congrats! I did my first 5k last March and I well remember that feeling. So have you been bitten by the racing bug now? What's next for you? Cool
            ---- Cynthia
            Freerunner

I have been biten by the running bug! I signed up for another 5k today. It will be Feb 16th. I am excited and feel like I can do anything now! Shocked My 2008 goal is to run in at least one 10K by the end of the year! Cool
                but hey it was an awesome feeling!
                It IS isn't it? Congrats to you! Here's to many more 5K's! Cool
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                  I have been biten by the running bug! I signed up for another 5k today. It will be Feb 16th. I am excited and feel like I can do anything now! Shocked
                  Haha yep, you've been bitten! Welcome to the club! Big grin
                  ---- Cynthia
                    Congratulations!! Great job on your first race. But beware, they are addicting!! Great time too, keep up the good work. Sara
                      20,000? Holy **** that's a lot of runners. I can never get enough C25K threads, way to go!

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.