Earbud Recommendations???? (Read 700 times)

RRTex

I have the Inspire Pro and love them, great sound and IPhone Control.

AlexaCT

I have the Inspire Pro and love them, great sound and IPhone Control.

Thanks!  I think we posted at the same time, so I missed your original comment.

I can and I will!

Mike2921

I really appreciate everyone's advise.
        I ordered some Yurbud Duro's tonight.
        I will let you know how I like them.

MWD

AjayMac

The Inspire Pro Yurbuds allow you to control music, Siri etc from a button on the earbuds.  Most other headphones will not have this.

Good to know. These extra enhancements are nice, but I'm probably going stick with a standard model. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." –Confucius

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J

Mike2921

I ran with my new YurBud Duros for the first time today, and really fell in love with them.
            I am not a audiophile, but to me the sound was wonderful.

They stayed in my ear well, and I could hear the ambient noise around me.

What more could one expect from ear buds during a run.
            Five thumbs up from my view point.

MWD

sluggo

John

I have these.  They are cheap, have survived dozens of rain storms, and they stay in my ears fantastically.  They come with a huge variety of ear pieces, one of which actually fits my ear canal properly, which is something I have had trouble with with every other set of earbuds, ever.

They easily beat out pairs I've tried at 3-4X the price.

It looks like I am bumping this after 2 yrs of sleeping but I am looking to buy earbuds and my experience with your earbuds

MEE audio Sport-Fi M6 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones

has been terrible. I just finished a 3rd pair in 9 months, all losing sound on the right side. At least MEE has honored their warranty.

I hope someone can give me a good recommendation. I like listening to podcasts while running.

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

I've found the Ink"d headphones without the mic (if you can find them) are the best low dollar headphones I can find that sound good and stay in my ear. I pay about $12-$15 per pair and they last about 400-600 miles before they start going out on one side.

jfa

I bought the Inspire Yurbuds wireless ( $76 ) and they constantly cut in and out with the sound.

The Mpow Cheetah Sports Bluetooth fit better, sound better, and don't cut out. And they are only about $36.

Runningnoob

I can't recommend the Jaybird X2's enough. Once you get the right fit with the different size earpieces and wings, they will never come out. Battery life has been great. You can use Siri, send/receive calls and texts, change songs, and the quality of the sound is great. I've run in the rain without issue and they been dripping in sweat without issue. They are a little pricey, but not overpriced imo.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A friend got a pair of these, and he likes them a lot. Currently $35.99 on Amazon.

sluggo

John

I've made progress with this.

I've made peace with the MEE audio Sport-Fi M6 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones I referenced above. I finally figured out that I could get sound to return by jiggling the volume slider. So, for less than $30, these are OK. I like how easy it is to slide the wire over my ear and well well they remain in place while running. I don't like the volume slider because it is too hard to slide and it can cause the sound to cut out.

I bought these wireless earbuds from Walmart (on line) for $20. I find that it is awkward to fit the hooky thing over my ears but once on they stay in place. Wireless/Bluetooth is nice to get rid of the dangling wire. The power charge for the Bluetooth seems to be OK. I only run with them for about 30 minutes but I have had them on for "working from home" phone calls with no issues.

I now believe that it is good to buy low cost earbuds and have more than one pair at a time. When one breaks, it is not a big loss and I always have a working pair.

I should mention that I don't care about sound quality that much. I generally just listen to podcasts...

Thanks for the reference LedLincoln. I have been wondering whether that earbud design would stay in place or not while running.

John

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

sluggo

John

So, are you still happy with these?

My $20 Walmart earbuds died in 6 weeks

A friend got a pair of these, and he likes them a lot. Currently $35.99 on Amazon.

John

DDXD

Slower than I look

Have been using these for about 2 months and love them.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00KJLMBQQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1452273781&sr=1-7&keywords=plantronics+bluetooth

My biggest problem with most traditional ear buds is that they don't stay in well and these never move, even while lifting weights.  I haven't had a single problem with Bluetooth connection (to a Samsung GS6), the controls work flawlessly, and the battery lasts a really long time considering their size.  The only downsides I can see are that they are a bit pricey, and the sound is just ok (but acceptable for workouts IMO).

JanaLamb

Yeah, I now prefer low-cost. I really care about quality. Some average priced earbuds work well. I also want to buy a high-quality one, but I keep losing them or breaking them (I once stepped on it) anyway so it'd be a waste.

I now believe that it is good to buy low cost earbuds and have more than one pair at a time. When one breaks, it is not a big loss and I always have a working pair.

I should mention that I don't care about sound quality that much. I generally just listen to podcasts...

Thanks for the reference LedLincoln. I have been wondering whether that earbud design would stay in place or not while running.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

Santa brought me a pair of the JBL reflect Bluetooth earbuds...http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Reflect-Bluetooth-Sport-Headphones/dp/B015XA2YO6/ref=sr_1_10?s=aht&srs=2529692011&ie=UTF8&qid=1452290383&sr=1-10&keywords=jbl+bluetooth

I am pretty neutral on the sound since I have low expectations and only care that they don't fall out and are loud enough to overcome the treadmill noise since I only wear them indoors.  My comment is more on the design- they have that same funky in-ear hook that I think ledlincoln referred to and I'm surprised that they don't fall out.  They stay in my ears without issue which is more than I can say for most earbuds.  The only annoying thing is the volume control on the line is a little heavy and since it is off center, the cable always pulls left and ends up bouncing around a bit.  It seems dumb to me to have a volume control in the first place when the cable has to run behind your head...I don't have the dexterity to turn up sound while running when the cable is on the back of my neck.

Yeah, I now prefer low-cost. I really care about quality. Some average priced earbuds work well. I also want to buy a high-quality one, but I keep losing them or breaking them (I once stepped on it) anyway so it'd be a waste.