weight training - can't save workout (Read 1000 times)

eric :)

But wasn't he funny in "Dodgeball?!"
    That's it. I'm not going to watch "Dodgeball". Tongue
    Wingz

Professional Noob

That does mean something to me, which is the Java script is not behaving correctly on your browser. Which browser are you using?
      Today, using IE, while filling in the "exercises" part of the form, it would let me fill out the spaces... if I used the number keys at the top of the keyboard. If I tried to use the number keys on the keypad on the right (yes, numlock was on!) it wouldn't put anything in the spaces for the "sets" and "weight" (but did when I accidentally tried it on the name of the exercise!). Don't know if that'll help or not. Thought it might. Quirky, quirky! Smile edited to add: maybe the problem I was having before was related to using the keypad! I didn't think to try the numbers above the letters before... I always use the ones on the right... hm... ps - this also was done on two different computers, so I doubt it's my keyboard.

Roads were made for journeys...

I used the number keys at the top of the keyboard. If I tried to use the number keys on the keypad on the right (yes, numlock was on!) it wouldn't put anything in the spaces for the "sets" and "weight" (but did when I accidentally tried it on the name of the exercise!). Don't know if that'll help or not. Thought it might. Quirky, quirky! Smile
        That does help! I have some Java script code in there that only allows numeric entries into certain fields. There was a bug, which I thought I fixed, that prevented you from using the key pad about a month ago. I don't know why you're experiencing this still. Could you try forcing the reloading of the page by pressing CTRL-F5 in IE and see if that makes a difference? Maybe your computer never got the latest changes?
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Tried again, refreshed, on a third computer w/ IE - same issue. keypad doesn't take, regular numbers will.

Tried again, refreshed, on a third computer w/ IE - same issue. keypad doesn't take, regular numbers will.
            Hrm... I'm a little stumped. I'll recheck my code to see if I can find anything peculiar.
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Does anyone else find the same thing or is it just me? Confused

I got it to happen with the health note form, but works with the running form. Weird. At least I found something.
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Ha! Told ya I wasn't seeing things this time! "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you..."

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, I'm pretty new here. This is a great site! Thanks for sharing your work. I can't save my weight training workouts. I've tried to add one twice, but I keep getting an error. It looks like it's a database error, but I'm not sure. The error says "duplicate record." I wonder if it's because both time, I've accidentally pressed "Enter" instead of clicking the plus sign. Then, when I'm finished, I think, I'm not sure, but I think the duplicate record the error indicates is the row that I hit "Enter" on. I can't remember what the error message says, but it's a DB term, not field, or row, something else. It'll come to me. Anyway, can you check this out? Thanks!
                    Back to the original question... I noticed in the "strength training" form when I'm entering in an exercise that if I hit Enter instead of clicking on the plus sign the form assumes I'm done and it shoots me out of the workout... current work unsaved. That might be the source of your "duplicate" workout. It gave me an extra "strength training" workout entry today because of that - a blank one. Does that help?

Actually, I get the same thing using FF in Win98SE. When entering a strength workout, the number of sets has to be using the numbers at the top, but the number of reps can be the keypad.

I've located the problem. I'll try to release it along with my next major release.

Actually, I get the same thing using FF in Win98SE. When entering a strength workout, the number of sets has to be using the numbers at the top, but the number of reps can be the keypad.
                          This problem should be fixed. Could someone verify that this is the case? Thanks!