Suspension Training- Best weight cross training (Read 1168 times)

otodawD

Last year I geeked out and went to an exercise physiologist for Vmax and gait analysis. In talking with the PhD types that also do Ironman and marathoning, they talked about runners uniformly suffering from poor or weak core strength. For me it resulted in poor running economy and gait problems. I started doing 4 days a week of core TRX suspension training along with ample running and cross training and took 15 minutes off my 1/2 marathon time between May and October. No one doubts we should add resistance or weights to a fitness program. I think the TRX suspension system is about the best weight/resistance system I've run into. I've tried a personal trainer and gym but this the cheaper ($150) and more effective for running. Check out www.fitnessanywhere.com. The resources section has video examples of exercises but the simple strap suspension system takes core to the next level.
      Very subtle.

Runners run

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

can anyone advertise for free on this site?

otodawD

With apologies to the tender sensibilities here, but I have no financial or other interest with this device. I bought it; it worked as billed. I am excited that it helped me and I posted. Nothing else. Doug B, this wasn't meant as a advertisement. I guess there is always instant validation for someone complaining about a method or system. Just wanted to put out the positive experience. No harm intended.
              My bad, I saw no log and no public profile from a username I didn't remember ever seeing and a strong endorsement (including pricing and website) for a product, and my shill-dar went off. Carry on.

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm curious how sharp is the distinction between an advertisement where the advertiser claims no financial benefit, and one where the advertiser admits a financial benefit.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

"run" "2" "eat"

I'm curious how sharp is the distinction between an advertisement where the advertiser claims no financial benefit, and one where the advertiser admits a financial benefit.
                  sharp as a tack.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

sharp as a tack.
                    If you have to take one shoe off to get that out, and you run another quarter mile carrying that shoe, how do you log it so that the quarter mile doesn't unfairly come off both shoes of the pair in the mileage tracking?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

It is tradition on some forums that when a product is mentioned the poster includes the statement "No financial interest in the product", or simply "NFI" for short. Of course it depends somewhat upon the honor system but it is still a good policy. Maybe Eric could consider making it an official policy of RA.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016