Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Splashalot

I realise this is a bit early for all you US guys and gals, but here in Aus it's Christmas eve, so.......Merry Christmas and peace to all!  Big grin

Hey!

Thanks for the question... The Rider, like the Precision is completely neutral. The Rider just has a bit more to the midsole... Which is odd because they basically weight exactly the same ounces!!!

i train almost 100% in the Wave Elixir, but when I do run in my Precisions and Riders.. I actually think the Precision is a bit softer, and a touch less responsive than the new Rider 16.  If its ground feel you are looking for, I think the new WVe Elixir, which comes out in 2 weeks would be PERFECT!!!

Hey Seth, what's the mass difference between the Precision and the Rider?  Also, isn't the Rider more "stability" oriented?  I really like the lightweight and flexibility of the Precision.  A friend of mine just this morning said about his Riders that he felt they were kinda clunky and that he didn't feel like he could "feel the ground".

---------

BlackFreeRuns

ummm what's the problem with them? Great shoe - nice and loud too Smile

The 8 is out here (Australia) and thats even louder

Not my style, but I agree, go bold with color, running should be fun.  Nike's Volt is brilliant, and their line of colors in the new Peg are great, they're like buying highlighter markers, and a phenomenal shoe as a bonus!

Ria_runner

Anyone recommend a Mizuno trail shoe?

My go-to shoe for when I hit the trails up here in Maine is the Wave Ascend.   It's similar to the Wave Elixir, just with a bit more of a rugged outsole, with some awesome grip.

Upper is awesome too....

Anyone recommend a Mizuno trail shoe?

---------

Ria_runner

thanks for the info..will definitely take that into consideration...

Hamish911

I also wear the Ascend 7 for my trail running. It's pretty good.

I have a question about these enigmas shown on fleet feet fb page

Are these ENIGMA 3's. Seems only a short time since the 2's were released.

Got my Inspire 9's for Christmas and took them out last night for 1st run. Nice so far. Upper seems more flexible but still great fit. Can maybe just notice weight diff too.

Smashy!!!

Hamish, if those Enigma 3 are due out in the spring/summer of 13, then it will have been a year since Enigma 2. That's what I'm thinking. (if it's winter 12/13, then, yeah, it's early.)

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

xor

Hey Runners!

Just wanted to start a thread for any/all Mizuno questions.

I work in the running division, and would be happy to help you all out..

cheers!

Ah now this makes a lot of sense.

I wore mizunos for years (2001-2008).  The Cabrakan is still my go-to trail shoe.  But I stopped wearing your road shoes because I can only get 300-400 miles out of Inspires, most Nirvanas, and the occasional Alchemy.  I can get 500+ out of various Brooks models.

If you'd like to help me out, make more durable shoes.

Docket_Rocket

I didn't like the Enigmas when I tried them but those enigmas look totally different than the ones I tried.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Splashalot

I wore mizunos for years (2001-2008).  The Cabrakan is still my go-to trail shoe.  But I stopped wearing your road shoes because I can only get 300-400 miles out of Inspires, most Nirvanas, and the occasional Alchemy.  I can get 500+ out of various Brooks models.

Mizuno have made huge strides with their AP+ midsole featured in their recent shoes.  I used to get only 500km out of my Inspire 6's (with AP midsole) but my Inspire 8's (with AP+ midsole) are currently on 800-something Kms and still feel great.  Maybe give the AP+ shoes a try?

I'd agree that Mizuno and Brooks are the two brands you consistently hear getting the most miles out of.

I usually get about 400-450 out of my Elixirs (my daily trainer) and let me Ronins and Mushas hit 300 or so before bringing a new pair in.

If you care to, I agree with some other posters that the midsole tech has changed a lot... and at least trying on the new Inspires might work.. that being said, with your mileage and your luck with Brooks, why change?

---------

Yes, those are the Enigma 3.   It's not out until July...

Will have the redesigned Midsole (as most Mizuno models going forward) and the colest part... a full ounce lighter!

I also wear the Ascend 7 for my trail running. It's pretty good.

I have a question about these enigmas shown on fleet feet fb page

Are these ENIGMA 3's. Seems only a short time since the 2's were released.

Got my Inspire 9's for Christmas and took them out last night for 1st run. Nice so far. Upper seems more flexible but still great fit. Can maybe just notice weight diff too.

---------

CaitDS

Why is Mizuno discontinuing the Wave Nirvana?   I really like it.  I'm sad now.

Smashy!!!

Why is Mizuno discontinuing the Wave Nirvana?   I really like it.  I'm sad now.

I think the plan is to replace it. I don't know if it will be a version of the Alchemy or a new shoe. But I think bottom line is the Nirvana wasn't selling well.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)