Tingling Sensation in Knee (Read 545 times)

I have begun to feel a strange tingling sensation in my left knee over my past 3 runs. This tingling occurs periodically throughout my runs and I can occasionally feel it while sitting or resting. The tingling feels like a very mild form of the tingling feeling when my feet fall asleep. There is no pain associated directly with the tingling. Not sure if this is related but I also wanted to point out that I have been fighting runners knee on and off for the past year. It has gotten better of late due to a strengthing and stretching routing. Is anyone familiar with this?

Ryan

I would go to the doc. do you run with a brace? maybe it is to tight? new shoes? sounds like you may have a pinched nerve. good luck I am going in to surg in the am to fix my left knee if I just went to the doc first... well I would still have to get this fixed but it maybe able to save you!
        New shoes, yes. I also recently began running on the roads again after a long winter on the treadmill. I am enjoying my weekly day off today and thankfully I haven't felt any tingling today. Very promising. I am planning on seeing what happens during tomorrow's run.

Ryan

I am happy to say that the tingling is gone. I decided to give it a couple weeks before making any trip to the doctor. I didn't change my routine at all and after a week it was gone. Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else comes across something similar.

Ryan