Cell phone and running (Read 1432 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I might need to seriously look at this one. Looks like it's pretty sleek, and waterproof.  Does it make you hot at all ?  

I hate summer running , did I mention I'm a big sweater? LOL

Nope, never noticed a difference between wearing it or not wearing it.  The stretchy belt keeps it secure, and it doesn't bounce at all.  The only time I ever noticed it was there, I had somehow managed to jam the iphone in completely to one side of the zipper, so when I closed the pouch the zipper ran along one side of the phone rather than down the middle.  Stopped, recenter the phone in the pouch, and I was good to go.And with the way the pocket expands, there's plenty of room for a car key behind the phone, too.

I tried the Spibelt too, and it did bounce for me with the iPhone...I think it was a combination of where I like the placement of the belt and my, uh, junk in my trunk...just didn't work for me - but I know lots who use the Spibelt w/iPhone with zero issues.  I can take some pics of the Bandi later and post them, or if you are on Facebook they have better pictures on their FB page.

lagwagon

I'll start carrying mine with me when its integrated into my Garmin, or when I can buy this one somewhere:

HappyFeat

I tried the Spibelt too, and it did bounce for me with the iPhone...I think it was a combination of where I like the placement of the belt and my, uh, junk in my trunk...just didn't work for me - but I know lots who use the Spibelt w/iPhone with zero issues.  I can take some pics of the Bandi later and post them, or if you are on Facebook they have better pictures on their FB page.

I would definitely like to see some pics of the Bandi belt since I'm not on FB. So if you could post them, thanks. It looks like something I might like.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would definitely like to see some pics of the Bandi belt since I'm not on FB. So if you could post them, thanks. It looks like something I might like.

Can you see this without being on FB...?  That top banner includes 3 RAers. Big grin

Here's an example of one.  It has a main envelope pocket with light foam on each side to protect the phone or whatever you put in it.  Then a smaller pocket big enough for keys, ID, a couple of bucks, or a gel or two.  It was really easy to get my phone in and out to take photos mid-race.  MUCH easier than getting my phone in and out of my TuneBelt.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HappyFeat

Yes, Zoomy, I can view that link without having a log-in. Thanks a ton!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Can you see this without being on FB...?  That top banner includes 3 RAers. Big grin

Here's an example of one.  It has a main envelope pocket with light foam on each side to protect the phone or whatever you put in it.  Then a smaller pocket big enough for keys, ID, a couple of bucks, or a gel or two.  It was really easy to get my phone in and out to take photos mid-race.  MUCH easier than getting my phone in and out of my TuneBelt.

Oooh! That looks very un-fannypack-like!

I started using a TuneBelt arm band in February as I need my phone on me for work now. I've found it really good, doesn't bounce or move around at all and you hardly notice it's even there. I have an iPhone fyi.

James

Just running for the fun of it!

Yes, Zoomy, I can view that link without having a log-in. Thanks a ton!

I can't !   Might be a work thing , though.

- Anya

The Bandi looks pretty small and sleek, very cool. I noticed the website says they're working on an online store--is there anywhere else you can buy them other than OH?

I'd feel like a complete tool wearing my cell phone (Droid Charge) on my other arm. LOL anyone else were TWO armbands? 

I've thought about this more... What do I care if I look ridiculous wearing 2 armbands (sorry if I offended anyone). Its 5am, dark and no one is around when I run--safety should come first. 

I think I might go with this... Its simple, cheap ($12.50), has key/card slot and still looks comfy. 

Armband

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Sports-Armband-Large-SmartPhones/dp/B00585CLUE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Anya, this armband is suppose to fit my phone which is slightly bigger than the iPhone, so it should work for you too.

BTW... Samsung Charge is 5.1" x 2.7" x 0.5" vs iPhone 4S 4.5" x 2.3" x 0.4" 

wickedlady

I just picked up one of these... love it!!

http://www.levelterrainapparel.com/flip-belt/

Similar to the bandibelt it seems.  No bouncing or chafing Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just picked up one of these... love it!!

http://www.levelterrainapparel.com/flip-belt/

Similar to the bandibelt it seems.  No bouncing or chafing Smile

That does look similar.  A little trickier to put on without a clasp in back, but the function looks about the same.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Maggie & Molly

http://www.geeksugar.com/Fanny-Pack-Like-Spi-Multi-Purpose-Belt-Bag-Good-Gym-Accessory-3191175

this is the one I use.  I put my phone, key, lip balm and tissue and I'm good to go.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I tried the Spibelt again today - just for fun since so many recommended it - and technically I hadn't tried it with my iPhone, just my old cell.  No go.  Didn't matter how loose or tight I made the damn thing, or where I wore it...it bounce, bounce, bounced with every step!  I like the idea of that flip belt, but don't like that it isn't adjustable.

Maggie & Molly

I tried the Spibelt again today - just for fun since so many recommended it - and technically I hadn't tried it with my iPhone, just my old cell.  No go.  Didn't matter how loose or tight I made the damn thing, or where I wore it...it bounce, bounce, bounced with every step!  I like the idea of that flip belt, but don't like that it isn't adjustable.

really.  I put mine in the hollow of my back and it doesn't move at all.  hmm.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363