I'm dumping him. (Read 1868 times)

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Yep, that's pretty much how it happens to me.

Hey, I quit.  And I'm the ( was ) the world's biggest beer drinker. 

Sure, it's been hard, but my one year anniversary is April 10th.    

There were a lot of reasons for me, one being my beer belly.  Which, btw, has not really disappeared.  WTF?!

I enjoy the occassional non alcoholic brew.  But, there is no point to drink more than one :-)

One day I may go back.  Or not.

- Anya

Feeling the growl again

I'm carrying around 15 or so unwanted lbs. that say yes. Not exactly how many of those lbs. are from the beer itself, and how many are from the late night Taco Villa stops on the way home from drinking beer. Either way, I blame beer.

Only allow yourself to buy stuff like Busch Light or Natural Light.  Pretty soon you will not want to drink beer anymore.

Ironically, I drank hardly any beer before joining RA and being educated on good beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Only allow yourself to buy stuff like Busch Light or Natural Light.  Pretty soon you will not want to drink beer anymore.

Ironically, I drank hardly any beer before joining RA and being educated on good beer.

I'll just skip that step completely! I did try switching to some of the ultra-lite beers. Yeah, no thanks.

Hey, I quit.  And I'm the ( was ) the world's biggest beer drinker. 

Sure, it's been hard, but my one year anniversary is April 10th.    

There were a lot of reasons for me, one being my beer belly.  Which, btw, has not really disappeared.  WTF?!

I enjoy the occassional non alcoholic brew.  But, there is no point to drink more than one :-)

One day I may go back.  Or not.

That's encouraging--thanks!

WTG, I know just how you feel.  Ten years ago, about the time my son was born, I quit running, started drinking more and eating whatever I felt like.  My weight got up to 215.  After several years of that, I quit drinking, started running again and cut down on junk food.  Weight came down to 180.  I figured should be able to start drinking again and quit worrying about what I ate.  Soon, I quit running again and weight went back up to 200.  Last summer, I quit drinking and started running yet again.  Weight is currently 179 and I feel much better.  

For me, although I have not been a heavy drinker since grad school, drinking always goes with sloth and weight gain.  I feel sooo much better when I don't.  At this point in my life, I'm also really angry at myself that I was buzzed or outright drunk so much  (usually at least once a week) from middle school through grad school.  I feel like I wasted a huge amount of time either drinking in loud, dingy, smoky bars or laying around being hung over.  Alcohol has pretty much totally lost its appeal, even though I really do like the taste --- now it just makes me think of headaches and being fat.

WTG, I know just how you feel.  Ten years ago, about the time my son was born, I quit running, started drinking more and eating whatever I felt like.  My weight got up to 215.  After several years of that, I quit drinking, started running again and cut down on junk food.  Weight came down to 180.  I figured should be able to start drinking again and quit worrying about what I ate.  Soon, I quit running again and weight went back up to 200.  Last summer, I quit drinking and started running yet again.  Weight is currently 179 and I feel much better.  

For me, although I have not been a heavy drinker since grad school, drinking always goes with sloth and weight gain.  I feel sooo much better when I don't.  At this point in my life, I'm also really angry at myself that I was buzzed or outright drunk so much  (usually at least once a week) from middle school through grad school.  I feel like I wasted a huge amount of time either drinking in loud, dingy, smoky bars or laying around being hung over.  Alcohol has pretty much totally lost its appeal, even though I really do like the taste --- now it just makes me think of headaches and being fat.

Thanks for that. It's true for me also....the healthy lifestyle can't include alcohol on a regular basis. Dh and I partied a LOT as teenagers, then married young and had kids young. We didn't drink at all while our kids were little--it just took a back seat to family life. When they started getting older and doing more things without us, we had weekends free to go out with friends. We're not heavy drinkers, but we do go out every weekend. I can easily just have water, though. Smile
                    Thanks for that. It's true for me also....the healthy lifestyle can't include alcohol on a regular basis.

I'm not sure I'd agree with this. I have a glass of wine with a meal several times most weeks. That's "a regular basis", but I don't think it's unhealthy.

There's a big difference between enjoying the odd beer or wine and being a heavy drinker.

I'm not sure I'd agree with this. I have a glass of wine with a meal several times most weeks. That's "a regular basis", but I don't think it's unhealthy.

There's a big difference between enjoying the odd beer or wine and being a heavy drinker.

Well, I did say "for me". Wink I'm better off not drinking anything, because it's difficult for me to have one beer.
                      DoppleBock

I think this is individual -

Many people can have a little piece of dark chocolate as a treat each day - 100 calories it makes sense.  I cannot - It has nothing to do with calories.  I do not want to have 1 of anything ... and if I do it takes an exhausting mental battle.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think this is individual -

Many people can have a little piece of dark chocolate as a treat each day - 100 calories it makes sense.  I cannot - It has nothing to do with calories.  I do not want to have 1 of anything ... and if I do it takes an exhausting mental battle.

I totally get this.  It's an all-or-nothing thing.  1 bite or 1 piece of something is like gateway drug.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DoppleBock

Sadly - Yes

But happily I recognize this - So certian things just are not kept in the house.  Right now beer is one of them.   

I totally get this.  It's an all-or-nothing thing.  1 bite or 1 piece of something is like gateway drug.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sadly - Yes

But happily I recognize this - So certian things just are not kept in the house.  Right now beer is one of them.   

Wine gets us.  I rarely drink more than 1-2 beers in a sitting...but wine, it's always 2 of us splitting a bottle in one evening.  Recorking it for another night...?  Screw that!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DoppleBock

My wife is a "Normie" = Normal person and can have 1 beer each night and be happy.